[Deals] Emerson 7" X 12" Bandsaw, Model # 10-1721r?

Smells like it may possibly be a scam!
Also I think you may have spooked him.
I have been told some scary events involving CL. This one one sticks in my mind

A man who I sold a lathe to was me telling about a trailer on CL he wanted. He called and made arrangements to see it. The seller wanted him to pay with 2 pre paid credit cards:cautious: which he bought and carried with him. When he got to the address it was a empty lot so he called the seller to make sure that he had the right address and the seller ask if he had any help with him and when the buyer said no the seller said to meet him at another site. At that point the buyer got scared and called the police who told him it sounded like a scam and not to go, so he gave the info to the police and went home. Now I'm not saying all CL lists are scams because I buy on CL a lot. BUT I am saying to take someone with you and not meet anybody anyplace that makes you uncomfortable. :encourage:
Tomh

Well, I buy and sell a lot on C-list, Ebay etc.....C-list is one of the primary refuges of the whack jobs that have nothing to do but post stuff and not respond, or not sell, or mis-represent. It's part of the territory and the landscape. I bought my lathe on C-list from a woman who impressed me with not only her style, but her strength, a strapping corn fed woman who picked up her end and did not break a sweat! I chased a Volvo parts wagon for a week and watched the seller change the price two times, upwards. In the end he did the " I can get $500 for scrap" routine and I congratulated him on his salesmanship and took my money home. I'd still like to have that saw, if it exists, and if it were possible to buy it. In the end there will be another one before too very long. All is well!

You might try emailing him again. Just out of curiosity I had emailed just to see where it was located Monday and he responded with in a half hour. I just got another email asking if I was still interested. And I replied back that I was not. He may have just hoped to sale it before the weekend. Won't hurt to try.

Back