Enco 110-2031 Made in 1988, Motor wiring.

Can you post a link to the motor? I’ll draw you a schematic.
First one is the control box
Second is the motor, I'm sticking with 110V cause I don't have 220 on that side of the shop yet. But it wouldn't hurt to have a schematic for 220 if your willing cause I will be switching it over.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200701_160943.jpg
    20200701_160943.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20200721_191714.jpg
    20200721_191714.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 19
Hang in there, it sometimes takes a few back and forth posts before we figure out the correct recipe.
The motor should do what you want and you shouldn't have to spend a shoebox of cash, that's what HM is all about :)

Going back to post #1, you had 2 blacks and 2 reds coming to the motor from the control box. On the new motor, T5 and T8 should be brought out and connected to the two reds, and wire nutted or taped. The two blacks should go to the L1 and L2 on the motor. Motor configured for the 120 volt case. Is that how you have it now?
-M

That is exactly how my buddy figured out how to hook it up. Buuuuutttt the light does not come on and when you run it one way it will run but slow and the other way it blows the CB. Where to next?

OK first question: the transformer in the control box, is it set for 110 in and 110 out?
second question: if you disconnect the motor entirely, does the light (i assume this is the run light) work normally and do the forward and reverse
contactors pull in and latch?

You want to measure the red and black wire pairs with an ac voltmeter as you switch between forward and reverse. You should have two live pairs in both directions and cold when stopped. There could be something wrong with one contactor or some weird wiring error due to the PO
Use care

Last edited:
Heres the scoop.
Transformer: on the top it was on the 220V terminal I changed it to 110 V after you mentioned it. On the bottom it was on 110V
When motor is disconnected and unit is plugged in light is on.
U V M5 M6 do not have 110 to ground
Lever up: Left contactor pulled in, U & M6 both have 110 to ground, V & M5 have no voltage.
Lever down: Right contactor pulled in, U & M5 both have 110 to ground, V & M6 have no voltage.
Whats next?

Ok that looks correct, and tells us that the M5 and M6 are the reversing leads, they should connect to T5 and T8. U and V should go to L1 and L2.
Do the same test between M5 and M6, and again at U and V. Should see voltage in forward and reverse for each pair.
If so, then connect the motor and try it. The transformer tap may have been the issue all along.

Last edited:
No problemo, I'm surprised your friend didn't notice the transformer setting. Glad you got it :cupcake:
If you want to change to 220/240 later here's all you do:
1) change the transformer back to 220 (obviously)
2) configure the motor for the high voltage case- either CW or CCW doesn't matter
3) disconnect either T8 or T5 from T4/L2 and connect it to either M5 or M6. One will give the correct rotation and one will be backwards.
whichever one is left over just tape or wirenut it.
4) connect the U and V to L1 and L2 like before. Done.

Last edited:
Back