ENCO Free Shipping/Discount Code of the Month!

I agree with a thread for listing suppliers, and maybe what type stuff they supply, I know some specialize in a few things more than others. I'm just starting out with a bigger lathe, (was only sherline) so now I need to purchase other stuff, the difference between MSC and Enco is night and day. the price of Way oil was double on MSC from what ENCO charged, and the discount codes did not lower it any.

OK, I decided to place a test order to see what happens with the 35% off (up t0)/free shipping. I had forgotten a n M3 -JT3 arbor on my last Enco order so it would be the test case.

I found the arbor and added it to the cart. It came up with the Big Book price. I then entered the promotion and it dropped the price by 35%; good so far. Going to the checkout, MSC asked me to log in or register. I logged in and the price dropped a few cents more. MSC states that they will automatically pick the lowest bottom line price for you when there are multiple promotion options.

When I proceeded further with the checkout, there now was shipping on the order which exceeded the cost of the arbor. Apparently the lowest bottom line price doesn't include shipping. I suspect that MSC switched from the 35%/free shipping to the loyal Enco customer 30% off Enco prices.

I canceled the order.

Have had similar experiences with MSC in the past, and their discounts (even for previous Enco purchasers) vary by product even within the same types of items (like MT drills for the tailstock). I gave up on them long ago, unless you are a business and routinely get a deep account discount, I find it is an exercise in frustration. I discontinued all my email and flyers from Enco/MSC, Granger was any better unless you have an industrial account.

Bottom line, Enco as we know it is gone, so this thread is seems to be a dead end at this point. It may be worthwhile to open a new thread for recommended vendors that would be in a sticky at the top, and any discounts or comments as to experience below.

Here's an update on my post #52. I called MSC and was informed that they were aware that there was a problem with their promotion. The lady gave me an additional promo code to enter, EN35FFA, which removed the shipping charges. I placed my order.

If anyone is looking at taking advantage of the promotion, it expires at 11:30PM EDT, 8/4/16.

Ok, just got off the phone with Thomas at MSC. We had a long talk and I told him about everyone's concerns here including mine. He listened to every word I had to say.

I asked him if it made any difference if we called back and answered the reps phone call and he said, "if we don't hear back from you we don't know anything is wrong and we think we are doing a good job". If they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.

I'm sending him a link to this thread and he said he would walk over to his bosses desk and tell her what we talked about.

So if we don't try to do something nothing will happen.

SO CALL THEM!!!

If you want to email him he is at thomas.doyle@mscdirect.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Maybe if they know there is about 17,000 of us here, they'll take notice!

I'm glad you replied Jim. One of the things I suggested was maybe the guy from MSC could get on here and answer questions and concerns from everyone.

I'm not sure if that would be OK with Nels or not. Or if his boss would let him even do that.

I figured you might have some thoughts on that being a staff member.

If anyone wants to call Tom at MSC his direct line is 630-274-3930

I don't see a problem with that, we have a number of vendors as members. Matt at Quality Machine Tools for instance.

Maybe Tom could be the new account manager for the H-M Group:)

See if you can get him to sign up!

I suggested he sign up. He was leaving for the day right after we talked so he will see this on Monday

Hopefully our voices will be heard, but it's not going to happen if we sit back and do nothing.

I did my part, now it's everyone's else's turn.

When I talked to customer service at MSC on Thursday, I also mentioned that there was a lot of grumbling from people in HM . I reminded her that we were not likely to place large orders individually, as a group we are a large market. She thanked me for my comments and said she would forward the comments.

Back