Enco Lathe 110-2079 Wiring Motor Issue

Thanks again Mark. I will try tonight. Here is a close up.

unnamed (4).jpg

Thanks- How about that sketch I drew in post #16- does it match?

I see something: on the long terminal strip, are the black and brown connected together?- hard to see, looks like they are sharing a screw on Z1?
That looks suspicious- should not be any wires doubled-up there on U, V or Z
Maybe parallax error from the camera angle

There actually should be 4 wires going out to the motor, but for 220v only 3 are used

Last edited:
Wiring in post 16 matches. There is no shared terminals. The blk and bwn wire are in their own terminals

KM3
Open between L1 and T1
I have continuity between L2 and T2
I have continuity between L3 and T3

KM2
All Open

KM1
I have continuity across all three terminals

I did not disconnect and wires from the contactors. I did from the motor

Also on KM1 i have continuity across all six terminals L1 to every terminal, L2 to every terminal, ect.

And the wires leading to the motor? I assume you have shorts there too?
It's looking like those contactors are at the end of service life- the plastic is likely crumbling inside
KM2 and KM3 each use one NC aux contact, KM1 is using both NO aux contacts. So probably the best would be
to find three of the same type- I'll post some links first thing tomorrow if you want to go that route

Last edited:
The new contactor I ordered arrived damaged in shipping. Given where we are, I am going to go with a VFD since I have it and a 2hp 3phase motor. I had no idea VFDs had gotten so inexpensive.

Mark - Can I mail you a gift card for you time and assistance? I wish you werent across the US from me, I would like to shake your hand and buy you dinner.

You don't owe me anything- I do this for fun; I start my morning with HM and coffee :)
Save your old transformer and the overload relay (below KM3), someone with the same lathe may need one
Let us know if you need any help with the VFD install
You'll enjoy having variable speed on your lathe- it's a great feature

Last edited:
Back