Enco with grizzly change gears?

That's what I was thinking. But mentioned earlier if the module is the same it shouldn't matter...only the speed would change...I think...I have yet to try it. I have not ordered an gears....yet.
I don't speak "module" I just do what my operator manual tells me for the thread I need to cut. That said, the change gears set a specific ratio between the spindle and the input shaft to the QCGB. If this ratio is not exact or an exact multiple for metric threads won't the metric thread pitches fall in between the selections on your gear box?

I don't speak "module" I just do what my operator manual tells me for the thread I need to cut. That said, the change gears set a specific ratio between the spindle and the input shaft to the QCGB. If this ratio is not exact or an exact multiple for metric threads won't the metric thread pitches fall in between the selections on your gear box?
That's what I hope to find out for sure. When I finally order them here in the next few weeks or so when I get around to it. I still need to run 240v to my garage yet.... though I could test it by hand turning the chuck and scratching some blueing off a hunk of bar stock...yeah maybe I'll do that.

I dont know how it will affect your lathe but most imperial to metric conversions require the half nuts to remain engaged and not rely upon the threading dial.
There is a way of using the threading dial but I find it easier to keep the half nuts fully engaged till the thread is fully cut and tested.

I dont know how it will affect your lathe but most imperial to metric conversions require the half nuts to remain engaged and not rely upon the threading dial.
There is a way of using the threading dial but I find it easier to keep the half nuts fully engaged till the thread is fully cut and tested.
You are correct. This one is that way as well. Must stay engaged.

IMG20221116210518.jpgIMG20221116210534.jpgIMG20221116210543.jpgIMG20221116210552.jpgIMG20221116210618.jpgIMG20221116210627.jpg
Some of them have some rust pitting, but none of them appear to have been used as they were all caked in old paper and gunk.

Not sure if these will work, but if they do how's $50+$10 shipping sound?

Now that my brain is working again (ish) I'll try and work out the module and see if it's 1.25 like the stamping in the 55t gear suggests

Some of them have some rust pitting, but none of them appear to have been used as they were all caked in old paper and gunk.

Not sure if these will work, but if they do how's $50+$10 shipping sound?
That sounds good. Sorry for the delay I guess I turned notifications off. Yes please check the modules and I'll head out to the garage tomorrow after work and measure the bosses the gears would go on.

Back