End Mill Sharpening

rogerl

Registered
Registered
I had a bunch of end mills that needed sharpening. I did a search on the internet and found a few companies that sharpened end mills. I contacted the different companies and eventually decided to give Gruschow Grinding a try. I sent some end mills to Brian at Gruschow Grinding to be sharpened. The end mills came back very sharp. I tried some of them and they cut very nice. If you need to have your end mills sharpened I highly Gruschow Grinding. Below is a link to the web page. I will be sending more end mills to Brian to be sharpened.

Roger L

How much did you lose from the actual dimensions?

All of my endmills are regrinds so I do not know how much material was taken off. All I know is that they are every sharp and cut very nice. It is good to have sharp end mills again.

Roger L

I think I'll give them a try. I have some 3/4", 1/2", and 3/8" carbide endmills that are dull and was trying to figure out what to do with them.

I was wondering how much they change dimension myself. I guess the best way to determine this is to take a cut and measure the width.

You can send a note to Brian and ask him how much material is typically removed during the sharpening process. Brian is very responsive and easy to work with.

Roger L

I emailed Brian and he replied almost instantly!

He stated that depending on the damage typically the OD changes by 0.010" to 0.012" and the end by 0.030" to 0.040".

I used Brian for several end and shell mills last year, very happy with his service. I will be using him for all my sharpening needs.

I just got back some end mills I sent to Brian and they look like new. I haven't tried them yet, but they look very sharp. Each one came back in a new case with the OD on them. I also paid a little extra to have them recoated: AlTin, TiN.

Gruschow Grinding will definitely get more business from me in the future.

IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6401.jpg

Back