Er Collet Chuck With Jacobs Taper

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately my tool holders are hardened and can't be drilled for a through bolt. Good concept though. I may end up buying a couple of drill chucks and leave it at that.

Tom S

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an ER collet chuck with a jacobs taper mount? I have a quick change tool system for my CNC mill that has two JT2 tool holders. I could mount a couple of drill chucks but having an ER collet set up rather than drill chucks will give me more options for tool holding, e.g. I can hold drills as well as end mills.

Thought about buying a JT2 reamer but the cheapest I found is $65. Maybe I can buy a collet chuck with a straight shank and cut the internal taper with my compound. Just a thought.

Here's a picture of my tool holder.

View attachment 114349

Thanks in advance for your input.

Tom S
I just did a search on ebay and found an ER-16 collet chuck with a JT6 taper. So yes they do exist, at least in some sizes, not necessarily what you want perhaps. I use a straight shank ER-16 chuck with R8 collet in my Bridgeport mill and find it very useful. There are also several ER collet chucks with an R8 taper available, and Morse taper of course.

Bob

I just did a search on ebay and found an ER-16 collet chuck with a JT6 taper. So yes they do exist, at least in some sizes, not necessarily what you want perhaps. I use a straight shank ER-16 chuck with R8 collet in my Bridgeport mill and find it very useful. There are also several ER collet chucks with an R8 taper available, and Morse taper of course.

Bob

Thanks for doing the research. The only collet chuck I found with a JT2 taper is sold by Collis. Looking at what they get for some of their other products they are going to be pricey. I think I'm going to buy a couple of drill chucks.

Tom S

Back