Ever heard of a Mill Master?

Ultradog MN

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I found this old vertical mill sitting outside in a parking lot. I inquired about it and the fellow said it had been moved outside to make room for a newer machine then kinda got forgotten about. It's been there a couple of months.
Is Mill Master the brand or is it just the model?
I said I'd like to buy it and basically offered scrap price. He wasn't offended.
I really don't need a mill but could use a decent drill press, especially one with power feed. Not sure if this has that tho.
Have any of you guys seen one of these?
I'll try to attach a few photos.
Thanks for any info.20201024_114447.jpg20201024_114425.jpg20201024_114403.jpg20201024_114447.jpg20201024_114425.jpg20201024_114403.jpg

It doesn't look like it has power quill feed but it does have power feed X-axis and the coolest pool noodle vise handle ever...... Figure out what type of spindle it has before you jump on it.... R8, MT2, B&S Taper, etc....

looks like someone bought an Index model 40 and copied it almost exactly peice by peice

It doesn't look like it has power quill feed but it does have power feed X-axis and the coolest pool noodle vise handle ever...... Figure out what type of spindle it has before you jump on it.... R8, MT2, B&S Taper, etc....

Thanks.
What would the handwheel on the quill be for?

Com'n... What was "scrap price"?
Looks solid and like it would clean up nicely. Also looks like it has only done light work.

Don't be afraid of the oxidation. Cast cleans up nicely and it doesn't look too bad. What would they have used the pool noodle for on the vise handle?
Cheers
Martin

Me too. Looks like a fun project, depending on the collet as Cooter mentioned.

Back