Ever heard of a Mill Master?

Looks like it's a B&S #9 Collet.
Maybe not so good?
I'll need some help from you guys on finding something that will work without getting into a kerfluffle with the "war department".

No worries, you'll be fine.
B&S #9 is easier to find at reasonable prices than some others........like Shaublin W12.

My mill (https://www.hobby-machinist.com/gallery/img_3548_cropped.94577/) takes B&S #11, so when I saw a number of adapters at my local tool place I bought them. Let me check if there's a #9 that I can spare.......maybe a B&S #9 to MT adapter......
Give me a couple days then PM me if I haven't replied.

-brino

$80 will get you 5 gallons of Evaporust delivered by Home Depot. Everything you can get off the mill that fits in the bucket do first. Overnight soak will be fine. Then get some plastic storage tubs (from Home Depot, like under bed storage tubs), place bigger parts in those and pour from the 5 gallon bucket until it covers. Make sure to elevate the part off the bottom because it needs to have the liquid all around it (ie; can't rest on the bottom of the tub). What you can't get done that way you can scrape the heavy stuff off with a razor blade (like you're shaving it). Then spray phosphoric acid (Metal Prep/Etch) and repeat with razor blade. You'll eventually get it all off.
Looks like a nice mill, B&S #9 isn't a problem at all, very common.

Back