Excello 602 tear down problems

Tagged for future reference. I need to go thru my 602 when I get up enough gumption.

Tagged for future reference. I need to go thru my 602 when I get up enough gumption.

Sadly I haven't made really any progress on it due to school. Also, since I have another mill, it doesn't have the same urgency it would have if I didn't have one. I plan on getting it all done this summer, though, since it's taking up a lot of space at the moment.

Sorry, late to this thread. I have a 602 and have done this job. Also bought a spare 602 for parts. If you have something large that's broken, let me know.

I'll include a manual

Karl

I know you posted this a few years ago but I was wondering if you still had any parts for this machine? I just acquired a 602 last weekend and my machine had a tragic accident upon delivery :cry: and needs a part replaced.

best regards
Jared

let me know what you need.

let me know what you need.

This "Worm Shaft". In the manual its part number 52-11979. It was bent and halfway broken through, when I was bending it back it broke the rest of the way off. The worm is fine, although I do have to figure out how to get it off that shaft.

Attachments

• 20190727_081904.jpg
    20190727_081904.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 10
I will look for it

Looked at the print... is that the worm to drive the quill up/down?

Mine is CNC and does not use that part.

Yeah, that's for the power feed. Oh well. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

@Stronghold,
This thread is kind of old, but I have a question regarding the Excello 602.

From the first photo, I see that you seem to have the same variation of machine that I have:
The Spindle Brake seems to be activated by a horizontal lever that moves toward front or back, through a long slot in the housing.
All of the user manuals that I've found have a Spindle Brake that's activated by a lever that's either straight down or lifted to horizontal, and its hole in the housing is round.
Have you found a user manual that shows parts and diagrams for our version of Spindle Brake?
If so, I'd love to get ahold of a copy.
Thanks,
John

Back