Exhaust for the shed

bravo

Registered
Registered
5d6430d4e15673649e65e7b7bef0d7fc.jpg

My shed is starting to get pretty warm during the day. So I thought I would make an exhaust fan. This will also help with fumes from welding.

The metal I used was a piece of metal from the inside of a roll of Steel banding which would have been thrown away, a handful of Pop rivets, some pressed board in the fan from an old space heater. IMG_0260.JPGIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0248.JPGIMG_0250.JPGIMG_0254.JPGIMG_0252.JPGIMG_0253.JPGIMG_0255.JPGIMG_0257.JPGIMG_0256.JPG

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

It's just to get the hot air out of the shed, but for the occasional indoor tig weld it will be better than no exhaust at all. Like I have been doing it for years.

I have a couple of 34" tubaxial fans with 5 HP motors I'm getting ready to list on CL, that will move that warm air, but then you didn't know. :D

I like the design but I think it's a little small for the amount of air you want to move. A louver and an open door usually does more than most attic fans, plus you don't have to pay for the convection process.

I have a fan that moves tons more air but it sounds like a jet engine spooling up. It's from a server.

I have the squirrel cage fans from servers of yesteryear.
I also have a blower for a HVAC that my friend replaced, it has 4 speeds,
And then there are regular fans that can be put in front of a gable vent.
I just don't see that little guy doing nearly enough to remove the heat, or especially remove the dangerous fumes from welding.

I have the squirrel cage fans from servers of yesteryear.
I also have a blower for a HVAC that my friend replaced, it has 4 speeds,
And then there are regular fans that can be put in front of a gable vent.
I just don't see that little guy doing nearly enough to remove the heat, or especially remove the dangerous fumes from welding.
This is in front of the gable vent.

hhhhmmmm....too many negative comments above.
I want to support all efforts to improve our work areas.

I believe that fan will be miles ahead of no fan at all.
...and the price point of the materials can't be beat.

Well Done!
-brino

yea, but it's not enough volume. Get a bigger fan, that will move more volume.
Get one that fills the gable vent or even bigger.

Do you know the CFM for that little guy? A small bathroom fan, moves 50cfm. A better unit will move 200cfm., more in line with what you need for a small shed to cool it and get rid of the fumes. you want air changing to get rid of the heat.

hhhhmmmm....too many negative comments above.
I want to support all efforts to improve our work areas.

I believe that fan will be miles ahead of no fan at all.
...and the price point of the materials can't be beat.

Well Done!
-brino
my bad

Back