falling block designs

bonny

Registered
Registered
New member on here, I have an interest in single shot rifles, especially Victorian British falling block rifles. I have tried on assra and other forums looking for receiver designs or blue prints but to no avail. Would anyone have any designs of farquharson, Gibbs, webley, Wesley Richards or any other similar rifle actions ?

thanks.

Thanks pierre , yes i did and on practical machinist too, all to no avail. I know what i am looking for is probably unavailable but you have to try don't you ?

You could perhaps find something on the Ruger No 1. It is a modern version of a Farquharson.

I have a couple of the Single Shot books by DeHass, but they are just sketches with some dimensions. Maybe the book that I do not have has better plans. No detailed plans in my copies. Likely the assumption is that a builder will make what works for them and not really make an exact reproduction.
Pierre

Thanks for taking the time to post those links Dwayne. A lot of very good information there, especially about the browning highwall. Are those receiver casting kits still available ? I seen them before but I thought they were discontinued.

I'm not sure if they are available or not, I'll try to see what I can find on them.

Pierre,

Drawings are available from the American Single Shot Rifle Association. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]From their archive section: "Detailed dimensional rifle drawings of Winchester Single Shot, Ballard, Farrow, Sharps 1874, Remington No. 1 rolling block (including SST, OST, and side lever conversion), Remington Hep*burn, and Ballard and Soule tang sights, 8-1/2x11” sets for $10 each ppd. I have the Winchester and Remington drawings and they are decent quality.

Tom

Back