Famco Arbor Press

LJP

Active User
Registered
Bought this Famco 3R Arbor Press from CL a few weeks ago. Decent Shape, needs some cleaning. $150 for a 4 ton ratcheting press seemed like a deal.
I had picked up a cast iron base at the scrap yard last summer for $50, a match made in heaven.
Made a 3/4" top (scrap yard find as well) to fit the press and got the base painted up today. Gave a good scrubbing with Simple Green Degreaser. Then a Rustoleum grey primer and top coat.
More pictures to come as I get the press cleaned up.
Larry

Famco Arbor Press.JPGFamco 3R.JPGScrap Yard Base.JPGPainted base.JPGTop.JPG

Famco Arbor Press.JPG Famco 3R.JPG Scrap Yard Base.JPG Painted base.JPG Top.JPG

GREAT press, cool project, and a fantastic score. Good post, keep 'em coming.

Larry--good find--am looking for pictures when you finish ---I am working on two 4 ton famco presses---Dave

Famco 1.JPGFamco 2.JPGFamco 3.JPG
Finally got the Famco Arbor Press finished.
I took it all apart and cleaned everything with simple green. Used Rustoleum spray paint and primer.
The ram had been pounded on a bit, and so "mushroomed" the top surface. I put the ram on the Bridgeport, milled it clean and re-squared both ends. The ratchet needed some clean up work as well, did that with a file by hand. Everything oiled up, back together and adjusted.
Mounted on the found cast base, with the 3/4" thick steel top, this press has some good heft to it.
Pleased with the results, it will serve me well.
Larry

Famco 1.JPG Famco 2.JPG Famco 3.JPG

Looks like a nice repair job and another tool put back to it's "intended" purpose! Nice work.

Wow! Beautiful job!

It fantastic taking parts that would be junk, and putting them together to be many times better than they were apart... and so inexpensively.. Perfect stand, wow

Bernie

Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

good job Larry!!!--makes me want to get mine finished---Dave

Back