Favorite Online Fastener Resource

rrjohnso2000

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for your preferred online fastener store.

I need some small standard size machine screws in brass and can't get them local.

All suggestions are appreciated

McMaster-Carr They may not be the cheapest but they almost always have what I need. Their shipping is reasonable if you can order enough at one time to make it worthwhile. They have a great web site. For me here in Maine most stuff is shipped from NJ ground and I get it within 2 days. You can save your shopping cart so you can build up an order over time. They have lots of other stuff that's hard to find locally.

The old coffee cans in my garage. Saved by my grandpa, my dad, and me. More cans with stuff from garage and estate sales. LOTS of cans. No driving, no wasted gas, no digging in my wallet, no surfing the net looking for stuff, no shipping costs. Downside is imperfect inventory control and cataloging -- dump a can into a beverage flat and sort through it. At least it is segregated into big bolts, small bolts, metric bolts, stove bolts, machine screws, etc. I feel really dumb buying a few bolts on the net or driving across town for a couple machine screws, but I did just that yesterday for four metric flat socket head bolts, I didn't have the size I needed in stock and no substitutes were allowed... 8^)

on the very rare occasion when I've actually bought bolts, Albany Fasteners on eBay has really good prices on bag lots of bolts n whatnot. Like 100 8-32 1/2 set screws for $4 - hard to beat that. Mostly ss, but I think they do brass and other materials too.

Yup, McMaster Carr, fast and they usually have it in small quantities.

Back