Fingertip remover version 3 works as it should

So this injury has been a real annoying thing. The finger has been so sensitive. Anytime I bump it I see stars. My dog regularly bumps it, doing any type of work bumps it. I had to do leaves, but I stopped the basement re-org. I just couldn't take it. It's been throbbing at night like crazy.

well I decided to go old school. I put some epsom salt in a bowl, and then hot water. I soaked it for a while. I hit it with iodine after and bacitracin. The pressure is gone, the sensitivity is much lower. Should have tried this days ago. Just posting this here in case it helps someone else.

View attachment 385921View attachment 385922
With all the nerves ending in the finger tips, any injury is extremely painful. It is amazing how many times we bump our fingers into things in our normal day. Don't notice it until we have an injury. Also, when we do injury them. Everything has to go into the opposite front and back pocket. Generally for me, this is the pocket I am not use to. So I will sometimes forget and put keys or what ever in the wrong pocket and that makes getting them out a real pain.

You did a real nice job there. Going to feel real good when it quits hurting.

If it throbs you need to get your hand above the level of your heart.

If it throbs you need to get your hand above the level of your heart.
tried that, it didn't help. I sat in front of the computer with my arm braced above and against my head for support.
naproxyn took the edge off. I'll repeat the epsom tonight. I think it was a good way of relieving the pain. Witch hazel might have worked too... it reduces inflamation.

@woodchucker

I'm sorry for your trouble. Heal well.

I thank you for posting about it as a safety reminder.
It gives me the willies to read your post and that's a good thing.
It means my aversion to injury and intention to be safe in the shop are high priorities.

Back