Firearms Parts

I saw that also wrat.
I'll probably go with either Midway or Palmetto for the kit. and get their jig for it also. That way it all is from the same place.

just an FYI Aero Precision makes the upper and lower recivers for Palmetto State.
so the 2 can be mixed without problems.

Thanks for all the good info guys. Now I need to make a decision on going ahead with an AR10 or start with an AR15.
I'd like to make the AR10, but it looks to be a little more expensive to make.
Since it is my first time actually making one of these, I might need to go the easiest and cheapest route.
I might have to start with the AR15 and if it turns out good, I could always sell it to a friend and use that money to make the AR10.

You're just deciding which one to do FIRST.

ARs are like rabbits, they multiply quickly. Almost as bad as AKs.

According to info that I have it is unlawful to sell a lower (or any other firearm) that you have made. You would then be in the business of manufacturing a firearms. This requires you to have a type 07 FFL.
Once you make an 80% receiver its yours forever

According to info that I have it is unlawful to sell a lower (or any other firearm) that you have made. You would then be in the business of manufacturing a firearms. This requires you to have a type 07 FFL.
Once you make an 80% receiver its yours forever

As I understand it, you can't make one with the intent to sell it without the type 07 FFL but if you decide to trade/sell it somewhere "down the line" it is allowed. In this case it would probably help to have some kind of identification mark/serial number as per ATF regulations. Always check the ATF regs yourself before taking any action.

JMHO

-Ron

First, what parts? There are a million sellers of AR parts and accessories, I rarely buy everything from a single source.

As for the making and selling of a lower from an 80% or 0% lower, be careful. Very careful. The law is clear that you can make it for personal use. There is no specific laws regulating its sale, other than the fact that it must be serialized. The rest are policies and policies change regularly. I have no issues with you being the test case that determines this for the rest of us though. :)

Jeff

As I understand it, you can't make one with the intent to sell it without the type 07 FFL but if you decide to trade/sell it somewhere "down the line" it is allowed. In this case it would probably help to have some kind of identification mark/serial number as per ATF regulations. Always check the ATF regs yourself before taking any action.

JMHO

-Ron

Here's the ATF ruling. Just what you said

ATF's AMD-65 Response - Pg 2.jpg

If you build one and decide to get rid of it a year later, you're not going to (currently) get in trouble. A FFL can always enter it into their book as having no serial, but some (many?) FFLs might balk at it. Private sales in many states will be easier.

This can of course change come January 2017.

By the way, you can always buy a stripped lower, replace your 80% lower with it and sell it without issue.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back