First post. Conveyor Belt

Welcome to the Site Fuznut. sound like a interesting project with plenty of opportunities to learn stuff. Looking forward to seeing some picture as you work though the issues.

Hey Fuzznuts , welcome to the site . :) Sounds like an interesting project you have going on . Do you have the frame and rollers for the conveyor ?

We've been looking for a place in WV for a lake house or river front place for some time now . 15 years ago we ended up going north to the Adirondacks but our search has gone back to the Almost Heaven State . Ellenburg , Rowlesburg . We just sold property in Berkley Springs .

I live up in the Fairmont area. It’s really nice around morgantown cheat lake, grafton Tygart lake, Sutton lake, summersville lake is really nice. A lot of them are state property though and you can’t get lakeside housing. A lot of nice houses along tygart river. Some along the west fork river but it’s muddy, and of course the mon river. All I know is northern WV lol

As for frame and rollers, nope I have to make it all. The old idlers at work are very heavy, like 100lb, and usually completely shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broaching keyway on lathe, not recommended. Wow that was horrible. Killed 2 2AH batteries on my screw gun lol. 7 weeks til project deadline. Feeling the crunch a little

9df46c08898e4dc425c6805567795d9d.jpg

SNOW sucks to work in. No heat in shop either. It’s 11 degrees this morning. Was 18 when I zapped thag stand together last night. Says high of 40 today, I hope so anyways.

That metal is only 1/16th, just for testing purposes. I’ll reinforce with heavy angle or channel when the time comes

8cb1837443dc6c8f85d263897e89394e.jpg

Fuzz , you would've crapped your pants if you saw what was in the dumpster today . Full 40 ft of roller conveyor with gearbox , motor , complete . We are down sizing . Wish I would have known earlier . I pulled out a 3 ton Dake AP and tagged it before it went into the dumpster though . I hope it's still their tonight as I'm packin the pickem-up truck tonight !

Fuzz , you would've crapped your pants if you saw what was in the dumpster today . Full 40 ft of roller conveyor with gearbox , motor , complete . We are down sizing . Wish I would have known earlier . I pulled out a 3 ton Dake AP and tagged it before it went into the dumpster though . I hope it's still their tonight as I'm packin the pickem-up truck tonight !

Oh damn! Not sure if roller conveyor would go up a big hill, but interesting!!

Got a few things done today. Tensioner setup, some supports for pulley box

Waiting on a carb for my motor. Hoping to test at least this head pulley setup for alignment and stuff next weekend

735ae7662fb375d58ecbbb9406ac539b.jpg

Will be following along with the build . :)

Welded head pulley solid. Ended up welding the drive pulley on after I keyed it as well. Was going to put a set screw or two so it could be removable, but decided to just zap it since I can just bust the bearings loose and pick the whole thing off the structure.

64270385782ac1818811eabbbdae1b09.jpg

Been debating on different setups for a belt tensioner. I had a few ideas with jack bolts and all thread with an angle track to ride along.. then i thought

Wait a minute, I can walk up 2 flights of stairs and walk across the floor to see how the pros did it !!

3efed43b8d68139edf06b4832a838352.jpg

Square tubing with a threaded rod inside, basically like a vice

Do your guys prints look like 6yr old work too .?
ad6518ec0dc07f659716d6302e57f7b1.jpg

baea7d99bd74421029e3f4dd6a891447.jpg

The left one evidently I didn’t have aligned properly when I welded the nut to the tubing. I’m gonna cut it off tonight at work and turn another nut down when I get home to try again.

548e4493aa39e1a3d0788a547e0bcd3f.jpg

The opposite pulley side rim was bent when I put it on, I figured I could just straiten it once I got it all together. I did that the other day at work. I have oxy fuel bottles but my oxy regulator blew out and I haven’t fixed it.

Then I cut some small notches and set angle down in to bridge the gap.

60087e2122f49e68ebd89596967a397c.jpg

Little coat of paint for good measure
c9eba3e1f902ed4df80f0a5f3171cecb.jpg

I I stretched some rubber gasket. Material over it all but I’m not real sure about it yet .. we will see
32a200681612f16183d0eef4c43677cf.jpg

My drive motor was a pressure washer. I had a few different ones but I picked this one to try because it runs the best. It’s only 3.5hp, not sure if enough.

Anyways I cut the pump driveshaft off and tried to match the taper on a piece of round stock. I set the collar up in the tail stock while still holding the round stock that I tapered. Then I tacked 3 spots around it w the mig. (Prob not best to weld over your lathe but I didn’t know how else to get it concentric)

Brought it to work and burned in 2 passes with 7018 3/32 rod at 90A. A little hot but I wanted to be sure I got enough penetration, and I covered with 1/8th rods so I could turn the weld off.

583114ccf3a945b7f170d7abe314e305.jpg

So I tried grabbing the outside of the collar but I couldn’t get it very true, and I want it true to the motor shaft not the outside of the coupling. I turned a little piece of brass w a few thou interference and drove it in .. hopefully pretty strait. I marked where it was in the chuck after turning down to hopefully have the same grab.
55e47757f53b5bec11a24dcf84526aab.jpg

I was gonna make an adjustable mount but I decided to just weld a solid bracket to bolt the motor to.

I kinda wish the collar was deeper to go further back on the motor shaft, but that’s how the pump was too anyways.

70321aedd45752b6f01748a39e4ebb37.jpg

Back