First post. Conveyor Belt

Not what I wanted to do at 17 stories high 13 degrees F outside in the snow

Who needs day jobs anyways

Lime handling conveyor, supposed to run 500 tons an hour but when it’s cold it’s easy for the rubber lagging on the head pulley to slip when loaded. Solution is a few cans of belt dressing sprayed on the head pulley to make it sticky again.. lol
170d1fde1bd1a78d577af6da3b77ec12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until it hardens and becomes slicker than owl poop ! :grin:

Changed the tensioner. Before it pushed in on the belt and didn’t have a tight groove. It kept flipping the belt upside down when under gas power. So now it’s pulling out on the belt to tension it, and I used a different pulley and bearing setup. Tracks a lot better.

0b1a828dd4fe165d91b741b39fd1aaf0.jpg

This video was before I had the tensioner all the way set up.

My dad wanted me to make face up pusher dogs like a towboat has for the pontoon so we can push a little work flat wooden barge we have, so that took a day. Our boat club has a little work barge we can use but I doubt it’ll be in the water that early

a57b4a8cd2cac6952cbc31836b162391.jpg

Bunch of crap going on with work and now a funeral to go to in NY, haven’t worked on anything in 3 days. March 20th is when it needs to be ready by .. hope i make it lol

Attempting to make a guide idler to feed onto the tail pulley
f418d1451f68bcdb5c638a4a94d3beec.jpg

It got late when I finished, didn’t get pic of finished product. Made it kinda like a shuttle with a T handle on all thread to move the whole assembly side to side.
df91c107cefccc503eb96889c2671798.jpg

Attempting to make some rollers out of PVC. Seems to work pretty awesome and the bearings were only like $1.50 each.
5bc5c871e190d81115a23bfbd9c30bdc.jpg

That square aluminum tubing my brother got from work when they were disassembling some projector stands. Really strong stuff with T slots. Will make for quick and easy adjusting for height on site. Going to make 4 of them.

Needless to say after the conveyor is done being used he wants it back lol.
9140028fa78da283d97caaf38a08d181.jpg

Need to cut the rest of the belt and splice. Trying a full scale test soon

Update

Redid pulley drive system. Didn’t like how hard it was to adjust and had to take entire thing apart to put new belts on

The pulleys are getting really hot, not sure if I have a lot of slippage or what

Working on it today gonna do full length test hopefully

really nice work fuzznut! great photos!

It’s official ! I’m out of time.

If I had a few more weeks I could have perfected it. I made more pvc rollers and put a feed side and return side idler on. It was working decent but I need about 6 more rollers. The big problem is making a structure strong enough to hold the rollers up. Will end up using about 30 2x4s. They are freakin $7 here right now.

We are starting building Friday and I’m on midnight shift. Not gonna be able to get it done.

b7609e23d2d7451e74ddd6440e791918.jpg

Was a fun project anyways. I ran a few revolutions out of it full length, but it needed more support.

I do have 2 10ftx2ft grocery loading dock rollers at the camp that would be perfect to support the belt. I just won’t have enough time to set it up and make use of it by Friday. Camp is 2.5hrs away and I’m on midnight til thurs morning.

I need to think of another use of the belt lol. Although one of my sheds have a dirt floor, so it’ll make a nice hillbilly floor.

I took a vid but evidently I bumped stop it’s very short lol

I learned a lot and enjoyed piddling with it anyways

I need to think of another use of the belt lol. Although one of my sheds have a dirt floor, so it’ll make a nice hillbilly floor.

There's your answer.........gravel slinger!

-brino

Spent most of my college weekends driving down to WV to follow whatever river was flooding and get some good whitewater. WV is a stunning state. Haven't been back in a few years and I miss it!

IMG2.jpg

Back