FLU going around?

Ray C

Registered
Registered
Oh brother... I just got put in my place with the FLU. Yesterday, I was fine all day and about 5PM, I noticed a stiff neck. -Figured it was just from too much lathe work. About 2 hours later, I felt like the walking dead -and still do this morning. Classic FLU symptoms. I don't believe anything before has come about so quickly.

Has something like this been going around or am I just lucky?

Ray

Ray
A huge problem here in Texas. On the news every night. I am knocking on wood. I feel for you. Good luck.

Rick

I woke up this morning feeling like I got run over by a car. I thought it was too much lathe work too....thats funny. I was on the lathe till about 1am last night. I'm hoping for the best! :))

Sorry to hear Ray. :(

One of my engineers told me Friday that it looks like it's starting to make it's rounds at work. I told everyone that the first person to show up at work with it will be thrown out the door and possibly fired (well, not really, but I was trying to make a point).

Hunker down and watch some playoff games. And get better soon.

Bill

I told everyone that the first person to show up at work with it will be thrown out the door and possibly fired (well, not really, but I was trying to make a point).

That is a refreshing attitude! Seriously. Every job I've ever had, both retail and professional (distinction is deliberate lol) didn't care if you were on your deathbed. Just get to work! Doesn't make any sense with something like that.

Hope you feel better Ray. I took some time off work over the holidays, so I'm not sure what's going around. I guess I'll see who's out monday. Most people I know got the flu shot this year, though that's not 100%.

Media reports of H1N1 is back this year. A few deaths in Ontario and Alberta has an outbreak currently.
Pierre

Just waking up from the last time I checked in... Sleep is pretty good at fixing things. Hungry now.

According to the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/) easily over half of the FLU people are getting is H1N1 (bird flu).

...So far, my symptoms are normal FLU as I have no urge to take flight and poop on car windshields. -Wheew... Dodged that one...

Ray

Media reports of H1N1 is back this year. A few deaths in Ontario and Alberta has an outbreak currently.
Pierre

We have been passing it around at my house.
I got a flu shot on Dec 10th and woke up with flu like symptoms on the 11th. (Don't really think it had anything to do with it)Got some steroids and antibiotic. Felt better in a few days and a week later went downhill again. Ended up in the ER on a Sunday night....lungs full of fluid. More medicine and IV, finally seems to be getting better again. Chest still hurts like heck and fills really tight, but hopefully finally getting over it. It's been almost a month now and really getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

We have been passing it around at my house.
I got a flu shot on Dec 10th and woke up with flu like symptoms on the 11th. (Don't really think it had anything to do with it)Got some steroids and antibiotic. Felt better in a few days and a week later went downhill again. Ended up in the ER on a Sunday night....lungs full of fluid. More medicine and IV, finally seems to be getting better again. Chest still hurts like heck and fills really tight, but hopefully finally getting over it. It's been almost a month now and really getting old.

Edited to add: Have no idea why it posted twice.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you feel bad. Just a thought, If your chest is tight, you might want to call your physician and request he write a script for an Albuterol Metered Dose Inhaler. After using this, your lungs will open up. If you feel like you have some congestion in your lungs, you can also use a generic brand of MUCINEX[SUP]®[/SUP] which is called Guaifenesin. This drug is an expectorant and will clear your congestion.

Back