FLU going around?

Hey Brian, I can relate somewhat, I have mild asthma. Big thing for me is the "environment". Take Walmart, for example. Sometimes i can go in and all is fine. Next time it can be totally different, headaches, nausea, the whole gamut... Like you, I error on the side of caution and get the shot yearly.

I suffer from asthma and tend to get the flu shot yearly. The flu shot will NOT prevent you from getting the flu, but will minimize the impact. Getting the shot CANNOT give you the flu, but takes a couple of weeks to reach it's maximun potential, so when someone gets the flu the day after getting the shot, they naturally think it's the shot that made them sick. Some people do have side-effects from the shot and will feel unwell for a couple of days, but I'm one of the lucky ones and only have a sore shoulder at the injection site for 12 hours and then nothing.

I don't have any cold and hard facts for the flu shot, but if it minimizes the effects it just might save my life. An asthma attack cannot be properly described to anyone who has never experienced one.... if your pal places a pillow over your face and presses down hard , but not quite hard enough to completely stop you from breathing, it begins to approach the feeling of experiencing an asthma attack... but keep pressing for hours... then you'll know what I mean... panic... panic.... panic... place a bout of the flu on top of that condition and.... :yikes:

The flu shot may not be necessary for everyone and I share others concerns about possible tragic side effects, but I'm hedging my bets on the benefits in my case.

I wish all who have it a speedy recovery... :)

Brian

Back