fog light bracket

E

ecdez

Forum Guest
Register Today
I enjoy looking at others projects but never thought mine worthy to post. Thought I'd try something new today and let you guy see a small project I am, and have been, working on.

It will be a bracket to mount a fog light on a bumper overider on an old volkswagen.

3/4" x 3" aluminum bar. I thought it would be stiff enough to let it stick out but I was wrong and had to shove a piece under the other end to keep it from vibrating. Worked pretty well. It's not done yet and the guy already wants another one :thinking:.

CNC the piece.

100_0981.JPG100_0982.JPG100_0983.JPG100_0984.JPG

Drill a couple holes

100_0988.JPG

Slice it down the middle

100_0989.JPG100_0990.JPG

Cut it off the giant holding tab and bolt it together.

As it sits now. It still needs a little finishing work but I think it looks good. The guy it's for is amazed. He must be easily amazed.

100_0991.JPG

100_0981.JPG 100_0982.JPG 100_0983.JPG 100_0984.JPG 100_0988.JPG 100_0989.JPG 100_0990.JPG 100_0991.JPG

Well done. Nice work.
******Gator******

A few minutes on the belt sander and it's all wrapped up.

100_0994.JPG100_0995.JPG100_0996.JPG

100_0994.JPG 100_0995.JPG 100_0996.JPG

Excellent work. Can we see it in action?

Guy's gonna pick it up this coming weekend and I'm sure he'll throw it right on. Once I get a picture I'll post it up.

Great job and finished very nicely. Well done, Sir.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the kind words.

This is the scale of stuff I've been making up to now and I just assumed is was a little too elementary to start a topic on. Maybe I should cast that view aside and post a few more of my projects :)).

This is the scale of stuff I've been making up to now and I just assumed is was a little too elementary to start a topic on. Maybe I should cast that view aside and post a few more of my projects :)).

Now you're getting the idea. We appreciate all levels of skill and you are doing just fine. There is no rule that you have to be a 20 year machinist to post your projects. If that were the case I would not be allowed to post. So keep it coming we are all learning right along with ya.

I enjoy looking at bout anything someone has made. Is that a cnc mill? I dont see a rotab and thats a awful clean radius for hand steps. At least for me ahaha

Back