fog light bracket

Is that a cnc mill? I dont see a rotab and thats a awful clean radius for hand steps. At least for me ahaha

Sure is. Pic below is from when I first dropped it in it's new corner.

attachment.php

I like that there. Looks stout. How old is she? I have heard cnc tend to wear out faster then manuals, any truth to that?

I'm glad you got a cnc cause if not you have magic hands ahahaha

I see alot of sweet looking deals on older cnc. It scares me though. I aint scared to use a clapped out manual mill as you can learn the feel and what not to do. But all that electrics and who knows what else. One day though.

Mid 80's. Not sure if they wear out faster but since they run on their own I can see how they would. One guy can run a few machines at the same time if the programs are long enough. I believe they're made to handle that though.

Until a few weeks ago I was in major regret over getting this one. If you want a headache you can follow my woes here http://www.hobby-machinist.com/show...pped-being-fun-a-few-days-ago?highlight=ecdez .

It's working fine now though. One valuable lessen I learned is that the machine I have could be easily upgraded to new electronics with ±$1,200 in components and a few weeks time. I'm sure one day it will happen too. As long as a machine is not worn out and it has good motors I would not be afraid to take it on as a conversion project. It would have to be cheap enough though. Bummer I learned that too late as a machine shop locally had two large CNC lathes for sale at $2,000 each. They claimed to be working but the power to the building was off. Had I known how easy it was to upgrade the electronics if they were shot I would have went for it. Oh well, live and learn.

Back