Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

Mike,
I spent 2 construction seasons in the Philippines 55-57, at the start of the "rainy season" it seemed like the rain came down in quart sized drops, does that happen in Hawaii? Currently we are having "don't go to the shop weather" 6` early mornings and 30` highs and winter is just getting started. I am still glad I don't live in the north country like Minnesota, Wisconsin or Canada where it really gets cold.
Have a nice day
Ray

About 80F here today. Pretty windy the last few days, supposed to be 17' seas, and no ferry service. Mike

Howdy, Ray. No, Hawaii does not have a Monsoon season so we don't have those seasonal torrential rains. I remember those Monsoon rains from Viet Nam and we don't have that here. We occassionally have storms and hurricanes but we mostly have frequent light showers to keep things green. Most of the year, it's nice and sunny but in winter we can get into the 60's, which is super-cold over here. On some of the outer islands, some of the higher mountains have snow but we never see it here on the main island of Oahu.

I used to ski every year in Tahoe and I miss the skiing and the cool weather but on balance, I'd rather not freeze my tukus off.

Should be fine on the lee side, but too much going on today. Mike

Yep warm but misty here. Been outside servicing the forklift.

30F last night, 60 F now, back down to 21F tomorrow eve. All this did was turn half the ice into mud, which will then freeze until probably April. Made for a good chore day though.

Our dock area was a swimming pool when coming in to work , so I'm sure the garage at home looks the same .

Took a snooze around 3ish. I had done a bit of debris clean up in the yard from the high winds yesterday and I guess the ol' body was quite ready for that level of exertion after the oral surgery.
Around 4 the power went out again and the UPSes started squealing. Took care of that and crashed back out.
Power just now came back on, so I got -zero- shop time today.
75° day wasted - *SIGH*

***edit*** 9:30pm, now have a total of two UPSes that are in need of fresh batteries. This is the stage in the game where you just want to build a bank of 12v vehicle batteries and build that into a UPS and connect all your 'puters to that. If only all the 'puters were in the same area of the house...

Last edited:
Mike,
I spent 2 construction seasons in the Philippines 55-57, at the start of the "rainy season" it seemed like the rain came down in quart sized drops, does that happen in Hawaii? Currently we are having "don't go to the shop weather" 6` early mornings and 30` highs and winter is just getting started. I am still glad I don't live in the north country like Minnesota, Wisconsin or Canada where it really gets cold.
Have a nice day
Ray

Believe it or not 6 deg. IS really cold. Lowest I've ever seen was 4 deg and that was in about 1984.
But I do deal with humidity and profusely sweating machines.
Chuck

Back