Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

I experienced 19 degree weather once and my nuts pulled themselves up into my chest. I cannot even imagine what 6 degrees is like!

Are you implying that if I use WD-40 in 6 degree weather that my nuts will slide easier and may go higher? Might get up behind my eyeballs, giving credence to the term "hairy eyeballs"!

I knew that if we went on long enough with this, somehow, someone would bring man parts into the discussion. Not surprisingly, its me again! Sorry guys ...

I brought my mom out to Santa Cruz two days ago and have been totally enjoying the "cold" winter here, currently 45 deg. Talked with my wife tonight and they got 3" of snow today with another 4" to 8" expected tomorrow, 17 degrees and falling there now.

Time to get my shop setup out here and convince her to come for an extended visit....

John

My father had a sub-contracting business with US Steel at their South Works plant in Chicago.
Specialized conveyor(s) screening equipment.
On the lake front in the single digits - there ain't no way to stay warm with the wind coming in off the lake.

Just came in from making my rounds , bit windy and light sideways rain . Either that , it's tears blowing from all the Ravens fans returning from the game on I 83 ! cough cough , choke . :bawling:

For a $100 you to can have a metal print of this to hang in your shop!...
I believe I'll snag an image and get it printed out at Walgreens or CVS...

<begin whining>
in the 70°'s a few days ago, 35° today with SNOW. (OK, who up north sent it this way?) :grin:
and water is still coming into the basement from all the rains.
gotta go down and deal with that. nothing life-altering, just a PiTA.
<end whining>

You'd think that after 40+ years and countless valve cover R&R's I'd get it right, but alas no...
A 258 straight six, I assume? The cast valve cover, and the best neoprene gasket you can find, and a 5 gallon bucket of kitty litter, and a friend with a Dodge 440 to compare the "Burning Oil" smell to, will make it allllll betttter. :cautious:

I have no sweating machines. In fact sweat is only found after I spend a few hours chipping ice from my walkway. February in Arizona. Who would have thought? We have had about 3 weeks of 40 ish for high temps.:grin big: Forecast calls for more of the white s@@t on Monday-Wednesday.:eek 2:
March is the snowiest time of year here, but doesn't register that way for most folks, because it melts so fast. Mud season it is, for those of us out in the sticks. Fair trade for May-September with 70 to 80ish highs, and no bugs:big grin: and no sweat.

Back