Forecast Fri & Sat: 68° & 75° - Springtime in January

I wish it had the 258. It has the 304 8 in it.
Should have gone with neoprene. And perhaps better covers.
She's not getting enough road time, and in truth needs a proper going over & some attention.
45° tomorrow, below freezing next couple of nights.

A 258 straight six, I assume? The cast valve cover, and the best neoprene gasket you can find, and a 5 gallon bucket of kitty litter, and a friend with a Dodge 440 to compare the "Burning Oil" smell to, will make it allllll betttter. :cautious:

I have no sweating machines. In fact sweat is only found after I spend a few hours chipping ice from my walkway. February in Arizona. Who would have thought? We have had about 3 weeks of 40 ish for high temps.:grin big: Forecast calls for more of the white s@@t on Monday-Wednesday.:eek 2:
March is the snowiest time of year here, but doesn't register that way for most folks, because it melts so fast. Mud season it is, for those of us out in the sticks. Fair trade for May-September with 70 to 80ish highs, and no bugs:big grin: and no sweat.

Here in sunny Sth Australia we had 35 c today, it's still 23 c outside and 19 c inside, perfect, and a little after midnight, so with that I'll say goodnight and I'm off to bed.

Well, at least it's melting off the roads as it comes down... That's good...

0208200923__R.jpg
Well, bleh ---
1581173102879.png

Last edited:
Uggh. I have another electrician coming over to give me an estimate between snow showers.

75 degree in Honolulu tonight so no white stuff in sight. On the down side ... Hmm, can't think of a down side.

I think consideration should be given to expanding the “You Suck Award” to insensitive comments such as this.:cool 3:

It can be quite different here in Wisconsin:

FFC27BBC-299B-448A-9FB4-6D21B39B1F89.jpeg

7DA7BBC6-D6BD-4F0A-807E-B0279E2E32D8.jpeg

I sent these photos to one of my sisters in CA. Her response was, “ it looks uninhabitable”

That had to be taken during last year's polar vortex, right? My geography might be a little rusty but I don't recall Wisconsin being a suburb of the Arctic.

Middle road, I'm wondering why you use a neoprene gasket on your valve cover. Neoprene is NOT recommended for hot petroleum oils, I think you'll find that Nitrile is far superior, same material that common "O" rings are made from. Nitrile is also known as Buna_N.

That had to be taken during last year's polar vortex, right? My geography might be a little rusty but I don't recall Wisconsin being a suburb of the Arctic.

Unfortunately, we do seem to be a suburb of the Arctic; at times anyway. The pictures are of Wisconsin(Lake Michigan) last winter during a polar vortex. It makes one hearty and appreciate the other seasons. At least that is what we tell ourselves here. Granted, it is not Hawaii but I find it beautiful in it’s own foreboding way. However, don’t spit into the wind or you’ll “put your eye out”.

Back