Foredom speed controller

The AXA holder is from Shars part number 250-141. It is not the slit type but the wedge type. Just the slightest pressure on the screws locks the handpiece nicely though. I would have preferred the slit type too, but not at $100, the Shars was around $40.

Thanks for the headsup. I guess because most would not use a 1” boring bar on an AXA this is not common and explains why I’d never seen it before. Thanks for posting it Grinderman and noting my visual mistake.

I use Shars a bit but am always struck how pretty the website is but how dis functional it is. Those #’s as a search turned up garbage so I had to do several runs at it. Finally got it and yeah with shipping it came out to $55 but still cheaper than an Aloris.

No problem, just TAS and jumped as fast as I could. Amazon for machining is my last resort as they are about as screwy as Shars. I am going to look though….did you get a break on shipping through Amazon?

Shipping was free if you don’t mind waiting a few days (might have to be a prime member). I’ve found other things from Shars on Amazon cheaper than ordering direct

Last edited:
Back