• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Found A Few More Mystery Tools.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Jay-z

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
image.jpeg Guessing that these are some sort of fly cutter. Really scary if you ask me.

image.jpeg I have not been able to find any information on what looks like workholding clamps for a mill or anything with a t-slot bed.

If someone has any insight on this stuff please feel free to share it.

Jay

Steve Shannon

Rocketgeek
Those top two look like hole cutters. I have two similar tools I put in my drill press to cut holes in wood. They can be scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
I'm thinking circle cutter for making holes. I never thought much of them until I needed to make an odd size hole in a plastic panel (HDPE). With a sharp bit it cut a perfectly clean hole and the infinite size adjustment gave me a perfect fit. I'm not sure how it would work on hard materials but it's now my go-to tool for HDPE. This is a low rpm drill press or milling machine only item don't even think about using it in a handheld power drill. Make sure your material is well clamped down and keep your fingers out of the way!

Last edited:

Jay-z

Active User
Yep, that's what they seem to be. One down, one to go.

Jay

Uglydog

Active User
Look like light duty T slot hold downs for something.
Perhaps a drill press?

Daryl
MN

Billh50

Active User
The second one looks like someone made a set of clamps that fit in a T slot and hold sheet metal to table.
The first tool is exactly what everyone thinks. A hole cutter mainly for wood and plastic. I guess one could try it on metal.

Bill Gruby

Iron
Former Member
They are correct on the first pic. The common name for them is "Circle Cutters. The others look to be slot clamps for light duty as Dayrl pointed out.

"Billy G"

Jay-z

Active User
Thanks everyone . I do appreciate all of your help in identifying my many finds. Guaranteed more to come..........

Jay

Bill Gruby

Iron
Former Member
That is a T-Slot Clamp. It is keyed into the slot and fastened to the T-nut im the slot. The screw hold the part etc. to the table. That would be a good clamp to hold a Machinist Vise in place. The bolt and T-nut are missing.

"Billy G"

Jay-z

Active User
I have the bolts for them . Just removed for the pics.

KBeitz

The second picture is probably the hold downs for the first picture...

[6]
[5] [7]