Found: Looking For a Box Made For a Machinist Level

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Howdy, looking for a wood box made for a machinist level. The box is roughly 9 x 3 x 3, two hinges and a latch. I can send you rough dimensions of the broken box I have now as well as the dimensions of the level. Doesn't need to be a tight fit & I would prefer it not to be anyway.

First 2 photos showing what the original box looks like & last 2 photos showing the broken box I currently have.

Thanks!

s-l1600-2.jpg
Unsorted-007.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
20190222_230904.jpg

You looking for just the box ? I could check down the shop and see what's left .

Yes, I just need the box. Such a nice level that I would like a nice box for it. Thanks. I even asked Mitutoyo if they sold replacement boxes & they don't.

I'll see what's down in the dungeon . I have a lot of boxes , but don't know what sizes . They are destined for the fire pit upon nicer weather ! :) Give me till Sunday to get down there .

Lol, great, thank you! This is the one I have (thanks to @mikey), just short of 8" in length

20190223_003917.jpg

I'll see if I have anything close to that , if not , I may have to make some sawdust . :big grin:

This could be an interesting opportunity to machine your own. I made a couple of boxes for for some custom pens for gifts a couple of decades ago. I used a walnut log that had been split and dried.

Get creative and make one...

Get some dimensional lumber like a 2x4 and with your mill cut out space for level to properly fit.

Do it 2 times for clam shell or one time for flat lid.

Once settled on fit and design then get "good wood" and make final size.

Use router bit in mill at full speed, easy and fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back