Four Day Work Week starts on July 1st :)

Our CPA says I’m fine to retire at 65 but, “we won’t be taking out SS until you are 66 and a half”.
I met with my Financial guy again last night.
We ran the numbers out to age 92 for my wife and 90 to me.
He encouraged me to start drawing SS payments when I retire at 65. The long term difference is so inconsequential it really doesn't matter.
Two meaningful birthdays, 21 and 65 :)

Today is my last Friday at work!!
Next week I begin 4 day work weeks!

I just turned 62 in April . Setting up to get out of the rat race as we speak . I'll get a reduced SS payment but who cares . I'm sure I won't be traveling the world at 86 YO . I have plenty of projects to keep me busy and will build equity thru them . I could never pass SS payments over to the children , but the retirement accounts and properties will go to them . I'm taking the ball and running with it . Tomorrow's are not promised . I do have many offers to work up to my $18,500 limit before being penalized . I feel much better having the chance to make $75 an hour under the table though . Plenty of work out there to do it .
OUTSTANDING Dave!!
Good for you.

OUTSTANDING Dave!!
Good for you.
I can't post what I'm thinking at this moment . But phuck,em . I'm done . My body nor mind can't take this any longer .

I can't post what I'm thinking at this moment . But phuck,em . I'm done . My body nor mind can't take this any longer .
I get it. I told my money guy yesterday, I've been opening up dealerships since 1976. I'm done.
There becomes a time when enough is enough.
Dave,
It's because you worked hard and saved/invested that is giving you the choice to retire or choose what you want to do at 62.
Way too many people do not have a choice and are not meeting early on with a financial planner or CPA.
The earlier you get started the better.
My wife and I feel so blessed that we chose to sacrifice a little bit, we took advantage of the 401K, 403B and the Roth IRA's.

I do go on.....

I'm with you there. Around the first of this month I told the shop owner that I was going to go to part time. three or four days a week. He refused, insisting the shop is open 6 days a week and I HAD to be here. So I went to plan B without missing a beat. I announced I was retiring as of July 4th. The look on his face.....

Now, at the time I had no idea how I was going to pull it off. I had not told my financial guy. The wife and I had discussed it a bit. Both agreed that being in this shop 10 hours a day six days a week was killing me health-wise. So we'll figure something out. Always do. We didn't announce it at all. No one else knew, inside or outside of the company. A week after giving notice, I get an email out of the blue from a national tech support company saying they were looking for telephone support people and my name came up.

So I am not retiring after all. I'm just changing my morning commute from 20 miles to 100 feet. And 90 of that will be getting to the kitchen and back to retrieve coffee.

So I am not retiring after all. I'm just changing my morning commute from 20 miles to 100 feet. And 90 of that will be getting to the kitchen and back to retrieve coffee.
That is great!!
I would have loved to see your boss's face. If one of my valuable guys told me he was retiring, I'd have that same look.
Somehow with 6 months to go, nothing gets me too worried anymore :)

I just saw General Quack for the yearly physical. My blood pressure was the lowest it's been in five years. He told me what ever I'm doing, keep it up.

Oh, I'm planning on it.

Back