Fusion Browser Explanation for a beginner ???

There always has to be an active component, so you cannot unselect an active component or model, you can only select a different one that will then unselect the active one.

I agree that the videos are very hard to keep up with, especially when first starting out.

Have you tried opening a Fusion session and listening to the online video simultaneously in a step by step fashion? I found myself listening to a small portion of the video, pausing it, then going over to the open Fusion session and performing the exact steps outlined in the video --- and repeating this ad infinitum. This worked for me. It took forever, but I finally got somewhere with it.

Also, I found instructional videos done by Fusion users on YouTube far more helpful than those done by Autodesk. Lars Christensen, for example, has a great series for beginners, as does ProductDesignOnline. Lars does a multi-video series on building an electrical box. I did the pause method for every step in that series and it worked great.

But for your specific question about the Data Panel, this Autodesk video is pretty good.

HTH, and good luck. Stick with it and you'll get there!!

Bill
Thanks for the suggestion of Lars Christensen.
I have watched several and I thought very good.

I also watched some others that were very helpful for a beginner- one person focused on the sketching (Paul McWhorter). I think that was helpful to watch first and I got quite a lot from Lars.

Back