Fusion Browser Explanation for a beginner ???

When it’s transparent, that simply means the visibility is switched off (the eye symbol). I’m not sure why they are both showing up when clicking on the screw, the visibility only shows on the screw and not the bearing. I’m not home today and can’t test that, but wondering if it has to do with how you inserted them.

Does the same thing happen if you click on the bearing eye symbol to make it visible?

When it’s transparent, that simply means the visibility is switched off (the eye symbol). I’m not sure why they are both showing up when clicking on the screw, the visibility only shows on the screw and not the bearing. I’m not home today and can’t test that, but wondering if it has to do with how you inserted them.

Does the same thing happen if you click on the bearing eye symbol to make it visible?
Bearing never shows up when I activate it, the only time the bearing shows up is when I activate the screw, then they both showup. At one time the transparency was on even when it was activated the eye symbol.

Try deleting them and inserting them again, it sounds like the beairng got aded to the screw component somehow. You might have had the screw active when you inserted the bearing, insert with the top level of the model active and that might do it.

I just tried that and now things are worst, most of the components are transparent and yes they are active in the browser.
Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 2.23.31 PM.png

I'm at my daughter's dance performance, I'll check when I get home and see if I can figure out what is happening if someone else doesn't in the meantime.

I think if you highlight the bullet on the Upper Guide Assy all your parts would turn solid. In your screen shot you have the bearing holder component selected which is causing the others to go transparent.

You can also use the pattern tool. Select one screw after it is inserted, do a linear pattern of 15 screws and then use the align function to place them where you want them.

That works great, Thanks!

Still trying, but have new problem can't exude this. I need to add to the main body, everytime I try to extude the added material on the top portion, it just disappears after I hit ok. Although the screen shot doesn't show it for some reason there's basically a 20mm cube on top of the main body. No warnings or anything.Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 12.14.24 PM.png

Would it be possible to send a screenshot with the "Bodies" folder of your "bearing holder:1" component dropped down?

Screenshot 2023-01-31 152842.png

Back