H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just hauled a future project home...

20221103_133831.jpg

20221103_133846.jpg

20221103_133900.jpg

20221103_133914.jpg

20221103_134136.jpg

It's a 1929 Ford Model A... all original, unrestored.

There is one dent in the body, but I haven't found any rust at all. It hasn't been started since 1976, but the engine is not frozen. The front wheels are correct, but the rear wheels are from a mid-30's model.

It will be stored inside for a while... I have several other projects to finish before I can dedicate much time to this one.

-Bear

Paging @Martin W ...

That look great Bear. Is it me or are you starting more projects that finishing :laughing: ?

That look great Bear. Is it me or are you starting more projects that finishing :laughing: ?

Yep... that's me... I keep several going all the time... it keeps me from getting bored!

-Bear

Makes me think of Bonnie and Clyde...

Bonnie and Clyde had a 30's model... Clyde wrote Henry Ford a letter to let Ford know how much he liked the flathead V8... the cops couldn't keep up with him!

-Bear

Yep... that's me... I keep several going all the time... it keeps me from getting bored!

-Bear
I do the same thing.

Unfortunately, in my case, it usually just means a bunch of unfinished projects around for far longer than they should be.

Luckily, I'm retired.......so time I got.....well, at least some time before the big nap that is....;)

Last edited:
Clyde wrote Henry Ford a letter to let Ford know how much he liked the flathead V8...
So he did! Of course I had to look it up…

Handwritten on paper: Tulsa, Okla 10th April Mr Henry Ford Detroit, Mich. Dear Sir: - While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got ever other car skinned and even if my business hasen't been strickly legal it don't hurt enything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V8 - Yours truly Clyde Champion Barrow

I just hauled a future project home...

View attachment 425480

View attachment 425481

View attachment 425482

View attachment 425483

View attachment 425484

It's a 1929 Ford Model A... all original, unrestored.

There is one dent in the body, but I haven't found any rust at all. It hasn't been started since 1976, but the engine is not frozen. The front wheels are correct, but the rear wheels are from a mid-30's model.

It will be stored inside for a while... I have several other projects to finish before I can dedicate much time to this one.

-Bear

Paging @Martin W ...
Living in Hershey (home of the Antique Auto Club), I have grown to appreciate true antiques: you are fortunate to have s garaged, Southern vehicle: most of the ones Up here that aren’t restorations are either barn finds or rusted to nothing.

Back