Goce's 06 twin turbo diesel peugeot

That's a machinists solution right there! Agreed that's a ridiculous price.

Bruno, is not a stupid question. The oil is all around the cooling system, it is thick black engine oil, the radiator has no other cooler inside it, this vehicle has only one big engine radiator, no transmission, power steering cooler. The oil is probably from a previous blown head gasket or a bad oil cooler. Now i'm cleaning the oil cooler and investigation from where is all the oil in the engine valley.
View attachment 318075View attachment 318076

I had to fix the seals on the oil cooler in my 7.3L Ford F250 a few years back. That was a bear of job:(

I'm not sure if i mention this but i did move the engine down from the stand to the floor to be more secure. And today i installed the timing belts, which was a real struggle. The pulley bolts need to be tightened to 90Nm than 90 degrees and for that i needed a 2 metre bar and all my weight, oh yes and i had to call two of my neighbors to hold the engine. Then i installed and timed the main timing belt and the small for the high pressure fuel pump, after this i installed the knock sensors, glow plugs looms and call it a day.
IMG_20200328_150823_2.jpg
IMG_20200328_150813.jpg
IMG_20200328_164300.jpg

I've ordered a set of used tires that are the correct size for my 607 the ones that it come with are undersized and the new ones are the wrong size also. The advert was wrong they are only an inch too big but in rim size :grin big: the seller admitted the mistake but wasn't going to fix it so i'll be looking for bigger rims or i'll have to list them. On other hand the engine is cumming together, both turbos are on, oil feeds and drains and many more small parts, you can see the turbochargers are faced backwards at the gearbox.
IMG_20200327_170209.jpgIMG_20200328_164314.jpg

I am no expert, but how bout when the engine heats up. Can that cause something to expand and leak? Al

I am no expert, but how bout when the engine heats up. Can that cause something to expand and leak? Al

I've done all the checks i can but i don't have x vision to see thru the engine block and heads. It's more of the case you put it together and cross your fingers its good.

Well it's been 3 weeks that i'm out of work because of the coronavirus and my city is in lock down so today i spent an entire day putting the engine for my 607 together. The engine is growing with every part i installed, i spent a lot of time cleaning all the parts i installed and used up couple of liters of petrol, it seems is the only thing that cleans the gunk. One big thing i need to install is the wiring loom, i loosely put it on the engine but i need to redo or wrap all the cables, the protective condorat hoses are disintegration, i have some textual and pvc insulation tape that i can use to re wrap it. In the meanwhile i plug in the battery on the 607 to charge up. couple more days like today it will be back together.
IMG_20200329_161146.jpgIMG_20200330_201655.jpg

Last edited:
Today i spent full 12 hours working on the engine and the engine bay, i installed a lot of parts on the engine, rewrapped the entire wiring loom. There is a lot of plastic fuel lines that are very brittle and broke easy, i'll have to repair some of them last thing i did is to clean the engine bay, and gearbox, i have couple more things to mount and i can install it in the car.
IMG_20200330_205558.jpgIMG_20200330_205546.jpg

A great restoration and well documented

Today i spent the first part of my day in my machine shop, making this repair nipple for the thermostat housing, then i did a quick repair, by drilling and threading a broken plastic bleeder screw in the radiator. And made one out of brass. Then i went over to the big garage and continued working on the engine, assembled the EGR coolers, all the hoses and a lot of small brackets and parts. The engine is almost ready to be installed in the vehicle. Today's work was done almost all sitting down except for the machining but nevertheless i was exhausted after 14 hours. But i managed to prep and paint the timing side engine mount, its cast iron and was rusty, i use rust converter and rusty metal primer then some flat black and call it a day.
IMG_20200331_100500.jpgIMG_20200331_103405_1.jpgIMG_20200331_103107.jpgIMG_20200331_194710.jpgIMG_20200331_194752.jpgIMG_20200401_175352.jpg

Back