Resolved Gone for a couple weeks and WOW

This is the only forum I have paid to be a member and I have to say its been worth every cent 10 times over.
I cannot list how much I have learned from the members on here its been fantastic.
With regards to paypal I have been using it for 18 years and touch wood never had a problem, if you have doubts about paypal why not use a separate credit card that you set limits on and only use for paypal.
As for being bombarded with adverts (not on here) I have found DuckDuckGo instead of google to be excellent. However I do not use a phone for to access the web as I detest those pinky sized screens

Upvote 0
I prefer to use PayPal for on line transactions as it provides an extra layer of protection. I shudder every time I have to give credit card information to a vendor that I don't know. With PayPal, my credit card information stays with them. We also use it for money transfers to relatives in the UK. There is a fee for it but I suspect no more than we would pay for any international currency exchange and the transfer is immediate.

Upvote 0
If you don't want a PayPal account, that's fine. They don't require one. They can act as a payment processor without you making an account.

If you are concerned about PayPal having your card info, you can use a prepaid card. And some card companies will let you generate a one time use virtual card number with a specific limit. So it would work once for the set amount or less, then be declined if someone tries again.

Just a couple of options if you do want to contribute. I agree with the others about the value, but everyone has a different situation.

Upvote 0
I have been using Paypal since they started with Ebay and no problems. You can use them to process any credit card and that way you don't have to give out your card number to multiple places. My bank has a no charge digital checking account if you do 10 transactions a month. I load the money from my real checking account and use the digital for most all transactions, food, gas, etc. If the card gets hacked, they can only get the balance which is low double digits and can't overdraw the account. Takes 5 minutes to load card. Along with others, this is the only forum I paid to join, Worth every penny.

Upvote 0
Along with others, this is the only forum I paid to join, Worth every penny.
Same here ....................................................other than those late night 1-950 # forums . :cautious:

Upvote 0
I have been using PayPal for perhaps at least 20 years with no problems whatsoever.

Upvote 0
Been awhile back , but listed a BP right angle head on the bay and started the auction bidding at $.99 . I recieved a bid and the bay listed it as SOLD ! o_O What a fiasco that was , but the buyer was happy as heck . It ended up getting sorted thru and the head ended up at a fair price . That was the only time a problem ocurred with the bay or PP . ( other than the seller's fees and PP's cut , close to 17% )

Upvote 0
Nothing has changed with the format or ads over the past few weeks. If anything I’ve worked to reduce the number of ads displayed over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
attached is a screen shot of what I get. It is zoomed out so you get the idea

Attachments

• hmss.jpg
    hmss.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0
Back