• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Good Morning Everyone.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
I hope you all have a great day today. Just another day of work for me today.

Great Day.jpg

RandyM

Staff member
Yup, how about you? What ya doing today Bill?

Just thought I'd start a chit-chat thread to start the day off with some sunshine. :encourage:

Bill Gruby

Swarf
Former Member
Doing just fine this morning Randy. Getting better and stronger one day at a time.

RandyM

Staff member
Good for you Bill. That is the way I approach it, one day at a time and try to manage what only I can control.

We are going for a high of 57 degrees here today. The record is 58 degrees. I think spring is starting to make it's intentions known.

Groundhog

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Forecast is for 66° here today, a bit windy bit it IS Kansas. Probably drag the old Ducati out for awhile. So, it is a good morning. Thanks

Sometime the weather needs to get bad enough to eliminate all possibility of riding so I can get the annual service done.

Uglydog

Active User
Is a great day.
Wife bought a loom last night.
She's been talking/dreaming about this for 30years.
I'm glad she decided to do it!!
Is a great day.

Helps that the coffee is hot....

Daryl
MN

Terry Werm

Gold
Former Member
I believe that it truly is a great day today. I am finally off the pain killers after my surgery, so maybe I can start seeing things with a clear head going forward. Might have to get out and about for a bit today. I've got this time off work, I should probably enjoy it, right?

brino

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Good morning all.

We are supposed to get up to +8 degrees C today! (46F)
If I were in my shop I'd have the doors open.......but instead I'm at work......maybe I can sneak away from my desk at lunch for a walk.

Although it starts to feel like spring you cannot trust March.

-brino

RandyM

Staff member
Is a great day.
Wife bought a loom last night.
She's been talking/dreaming about this for 30years.
I'm glad she decided to do it!!
Is a great day.

Helps that the coffee is hot....

Daryl
MN
Daryl, what does she plan on weaving? Sounds interesting. Glad she has a hobby, everyone needs a hobby.

markba633csi

Feed the cats, make coffee, gulp the meds, and wake up the computer and point it to Hobby Machinist!
The day has begun
Mark

Uglydog

Active User
Daryl, what does she plan on weaving? Sounds interesting. Glad she has a hobby, everyone needs a hobby.
Her Swedish great grandmothers made fancy tapestry, dresses and rugs. She has a few samples of their early 1900s work.
I'm into old iron, she's always wanted to weave like her ancestors.

Daryl
MN

RandyM

Staff member
Her Swedish great grandmothers made fancy tapestry, dresses and rugs. She has a few samples of their early 1900s work.
I'm into old iron, she's always wanted to weave like her ancestors.

Daryl
MN
You know we'll want to see some pictures of her work when she gets it going? :encourage: Now though, I suppose she will have to start collecting yarn and thread. I bet there is some learning to do.

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
Feed the cats, make coffee, gulp the meds, and wake up the computer and point it to Hobby Machinist!
The day has begun
Mark
Sounds like my mornings, except for the meds. Does aspirin count? :)

BIG deal it's morning and it's a different day. Everyday the same YA wake up get set for the same thing YA did yesterday till the little terrorist comes thru the door , she says hey pop pop where's Grammy . YUPP days good , gammy keeps up to her she might get back the 115 lb figure I carried on one arm. But those days are gone time for the gran daughter to learn the right way to live we raised three good girls kept them in church and showed by example how to be working adults. YUPP another day just the same.

savarin

Active User
Today is an awesome day.
Thick low level clouds and ......wait for it......rain.
4 year drought. the dam below 15%, water restrictians and then the rains came.
Dam now at 70+%, water everywhere.
Quite a few people are flooded out but not us.
Its called liquid sunshine here.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Let's do this thing! May the day be Smooth, Easy, & Comfortable. (SEC)
60°F & Raining here. Rear of the property is flooding and the basement is seeping. Ain't nuthin' that can't be handled.

1519912136429.png

Bill Gruby

Swarf
Former Member
Good Morning all. The snow is coming down again. 10 to 18 inches here is expected.

"Billy G"

RandyM

Staff member
success.jpg

Groundhog

Bill - send some of that snow this way.
I'd take the cold and discomfort over what we are having. We haven't had any appreciable moisture since last spring. Yesterday winds of 30-40 mph & gusts well over that. Some prairie fires that were outrunning the fire vehicles. National Guard using a couple of their helicopters with water buckets not far from here.

RandyM

Staff member
Smile.png

[6]
[5] [7]