Good news, good news, bad news

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Good news, The Doall saw is at the terminal here,good news, the RPC to drive it came today too (Thanks Mike),,,,,,Bad news, they dropped the saw, and it's going to take parts to fix. I did not except it yet so gotta see what one of these cost. It's the table tilt bracket, I hope it's available.

Good news, The Doall saw is at the terminal here,good news, the RPC to drive it came today too (Thanks Mike),,,,,,Bad news, they dropped the saw, and it's going to take parts to fix. I did not except it yet so gotta see what one of these cost. It's the table tilt bracket, I hope it's available.

Thats an easy torch brazing job.... Dont buy new just fix the part....

Well that sucks. Glad it at least got to your island.

I would assume the shipper pays for repairs, still sucks

Thanks CB, jut kinda bummed right now. They are doing their thing, and I'll see what their response is. The pallet deck was giving way, it was a 5/8, or 3/4 inch ply wood. I did not see a center cross piece on first look.

That can be welded with some machinable ni rod. Make sure and use the machinable type. The other type can be too hard to machine even with carbide. Good luck. It will all be worth it in the long run.

Well that sucks! I hope the shipping company will pay for you to take that trunion to a professional welding shop for repairs. That's what my first choice would be. Hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction Mike; it was a lot of money and effort to get that saw to Kauai.

It's a downer for sure, we'll see how they respond.

Back