Gorton 1-22 Table Feed Wiring

Squawk-VFR

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I recently picked up a Gorton 1-22 and pretty much everything works except the rapid traverse on the table feed. I opened the panel and that switch isn't even wired in. Does anyone have the right schematic for this by chance? I looked at the manuals, but I can't find anything definite.ce632386-7bd9-4eb5-a9b4-004f4a43f272.jpeg3f57ff57-46ca-438b-ae20-5767b05a1a92.jpeg16ffaf73-a1af-492b-bb11-d079fcab2d05.jpeg3732da34-79ea-4689-94a6-22dc58d3abb6.jpegf7f19d4f-2aa8-4481-9964-4285ecc6a4ec.jpeg

Yowza- wires jumping off the terminals like lemmings
Looks like an add-on- the fuses aren't even hooked up

Last edited:
Tell me about it haha. Not really sure what's going on in there.

Mine had vacuum tubes so not really sure how this one is wired. Does the regular feed rate work?

John

Mine had vacuum tubes so not really sure how this one is wired. Does the regular feed rate work?

John
It does, it seems like it might be a bit down on power but the gearbox for it could probably use a clean and repack. Otherwise it works as advertised.

It does, it seems like it might be a bit down on power but the gearbox for it could probably use a clean and repack. Otherwise it works as advertised.
My plan had been to fit with a small VFD but I never got around to it. I can't really comment on how to get rapid to work since I never got into it, but likely whoever modified your machine didn't set it up for that.

John

My plan had been to fit with a small VFD but I never got around to it. I can't really comment on how to get rapid to work since I never got into it, but likely whoever modified your machine didn't set it up for that.

John
I initially fit a VFD but I wanted the power X and down feeds to work so I broke down and bought the hobby size Phase Perfect. Plus that'll work for when I find a bigger lathe.

I ran my Mastermill off a VFD the previous owner had wired to the motor, Phase Perfect would be nice since it will run everything. I was going to setup another small VFD just for the table feed.

John

Would anyone with a similar table feed box mind popping off the cover and taking a picture for me? I'm curious what the original one looks like.

I used to have the complete board but pretty sure it got left behind in Michigan.

It’s tubes behind there.

But, I do have a MasterMill at work. I’ll see if I can grab a pic.

John

Back