Gorton 1-22 Table Feed Wiring

I used to have the complete board but pretty sure it got left behind in Michigan.

It’s tubes behind there.

But, I do have a MasterMill at work. I’ll see if I can grab a pic.

John

Thanks for that!

Started to open ours up but realized it probably won’t help you.

IMG_4437.jpeg

Sorry

John

No problem, thanks for looking! I’m thinking I may give Dynamatic a call and see if they can help me out. It looks like that’s what’s in it.

I wish I could help you with that- one thing I did notice is the front panel seems to be nearly identical with the one
that was used on the vacuum tube version. Nearly identical except for the third switch at the bottom right (which may have been added
later by an owner I'm guessing) and yet I couldn't even find a diagram for the tube version.
Very little documentation on these feed units, I guess they weren't expecting many folks to be fixing them in the field

If it was mine I'd just strip the old guts out and replace it with a VFD. As long as it does the same thing it really doesn't matter unless you're just into vintage electrical systems.

I cleaned up the one at work and am almost ready to make some chips....

IMG_4523.jpeg

john

If it was mine I'd just strip the old guts out and replace it with a VFD. As long as it does the same thing it really doesn't matter unless you're just into vintage electrical systems.

I cleaned up the one at work and am almost ready to make some chips....

View attachment 486117

john
That’s a good idea come to think of it. I’ll tinker with this and possibly give Dynamatic a call and see if they can give me some help otherwise I may just swap in a small vfd.

If it's a dc motor (and I think it is) you would need a dc drive
You might be able to shoehorn a KB electronics module in there

Last edited:
Back