Got My Qcgb

Just so everyone can see what I'm dealing with. I paid $300 for everything and $20 shipping. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162157.684866.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162165.784072.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162172.401529.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162180.209827.jpg

Regards-Carlo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162196.520352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162206.036221.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162217.719922.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435162228.321313.jpg
It isn't that bad honestly and I don't
Mind repairing it but for what I paid should I have a reason to complain? I wish I had a mill so I could do all the keyways.

wear is one thing and implicit in it being used, but all of the broken and repaired stuff is out of order

If as you say he didn't mention or show any photos of the repairs to the bracket(s) or lever(s), that probably gives you some standing to complain. Doing so won't cost you anything except a little time. At $300, it was I think less than average going price. Apparently there's nothing wrong with the main casting. If you don't have to replace any of the gears, you can probably rebuild it without exceeding the average. At least if you don't count the labor. It depends on what you have to do to the shafts. And assumes you don't have to replace any gears.

If you turn down the ends of the shafts and use under size bushings, you will also need to bush the collars I think. I would get price and availability on new shafts and also get a local machine shop to quote you prices. I don't much like the idea of turning down the existing shafts.

If you don't buy the replacement bushings from Clausing (which I would probably do), I think that I would use Oilite bushings. However, if you do that and if you have to bore any of them, you should hold the bushings in collets and use a sharp single-point boring bar, not a reamer.

I rebuilt mine any Oilite bushing will work regular ones will too if you keep them lubricated there pretty slow speed. The shaft I would not worry about too much I made all of mine new there is not much to them there very easy to reproduce. As stated before they are a very simple gear box not much to them. All though the welded parts might be un-slightly there probably strong enough there was probably a previous wreck that caused them to break and they could be ground to look good again. Ray

I think I'd reproduce the shafts myself and have someone cut the keyways as I have no way to right now. And for materials for the bushing I'm at right around 50$. I had thought about turning down the shafts and putting sleeves over the bad parts with some permeated locking compound but I'm not sure how good of a repair that would be. All the gears are okay and aside from
Stripped threads he casting is fine.

Regards-Carlo

OK. I keep forgetting that (presumably) your lathe is still working as a change gear model.

Yes it is still working. I'll have to call clausing for pricing on everything.

Regards-Carlo

I think I'd reproduce the shafts myself and have someone cut the keyways as I have no way to right now. And for materials for the bushing I'm at right around 50$. I had thought about turning down the shafts and putting sleeves over the bad parts with some permeated locking compound but I'm not sure how good of a repair that would be. All the gears are okay and aside from
Stripped threads he casting is fine.

Regards-Carlo

$50 is a bit strong for bushings I can buy a 5/8 x 1/2 oilite bushing for around a buck all day long and anything bigger than that is not too much more..Here is just and example. Ray

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/m...mpaignId=T9F&gclid=CNqf7qjfq8YCFQoPaQodbkMGCA

Well I need to find a 40t and another 48 tooth gear to get this thing up and running and I need some hardware to
Mount it also. This is beginning to get frustrating.

Regards-Carlo

Back