Got myself a new RF-30!

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Thanks for the input everyone! A trip to the local metal recycler and to a friend's home that let me use his welder allowed me to make a simple steel stand for it. I still need to get some hockey pucks to put on the bolts to function as leveling feet. The angle iron is 1 1/4"x1/8" and ditto on the square tube. I used 1/2-13 bolts for the leveling feet.

That's the ticket :eagerness:

John

ChandlerJPerry

Registered
Registered
Bonus pic with the mill sitting on it for a test. It's rock solid but has a little bit of side to side sway if you push the machine, I think I'll box it in with sheet metal to finalize the rigidity, other than that I'm very pleased with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200906_001045.jpg
    IMG_20200906_001045.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71

matthewsx

Bonus pic with the mill sitting on it for a test. It's rock solid but has a little bit of side to side sway if you push the machine, I think I'll box it in with sheet metal to finalize the rigidity, other than that I'm very pleased with it.

Yep, sheer panels on three sides and you're in business.

matthewsx

Also shelves.

Pull out ones with slides, probably better than drawers

John

brasssmanget

Active User
This is what I did with mine. Too old to be bending underneath for tools so filled the cabinet with misc. steel and lead cutt-offs for added weight and stability. I have done some pretty heavy work with mine and I am quite satisfied with the RF31.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock