Got the green light. Grizzly G0602

1/2" indexable tools worked fine with original 4 way tool holder. I had to mill off approx. .060-.080" off the bottom of each bit to get them to work with QCTP.

I use 1/2" tool bits but instead of milling each one of them I mill the bottom of the tool bit holders.

i was only trying to be funny with the chuck norris stuff, but thats a great idea to use ebay to get an idea for the prices.

If your max aint higher then mine, what would it matter if I bid 2 weeks out or 5sec left, your not winning.

If you bid two weeks out I know then that I've been outbid and can move on to something else. If you bid at 5 sec I don't know I'm not getting the item until the auction closes. As I said, it's a very minor irritation. It's the way Ebay is so I just deal with it.

Well, I may have talked myself out of the G0602 and into a PM1022V..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I may have talked myself out of the G0602 and into a PM1022V..

I personally think the PM is a much better machine and will give you many years of trouble free service..

Bob

I haven't used or seen a PM1022V but I have been very happy with my G0602. It is a great starter for learning. Although there are features I am wishing that it had since I have gotten more experience, such as power cross slide and the ability to have the saddle travel away from the head stock while the spindle stills the same direction. I don't have an left handed threads to cut now or foresee any anytime soon but it would be nice to if needed.

All in all working within it's ability I am happy. To put it another way, if I got a lathe that would be bigger and do more, I wouldn't want to get rid of this one.

Durwood

I have no doubts the 602 is a good unit, it is looking like the 1022v just has the things people wished the g0602 had..

I have no doubts the 602 is a good unit, it is looking like the 1022v just has the things people wished the g0602 had..

As long as the price is in your range and you are happy is all that really matters. I find it is better to have something and wish it had a little more bells and whistles than to have nothing at all.

Durwood

Athere are features I am wishing that it had....such as....the ability to have the saddle travel away from the head stock while the spindle stills the same direction.

I had a HF 8x14 and the drivetrain looks is similar to the G0602. My HF 8x14 came with an idler gear that bolts onto the heatdstock & goes in between the spindle gear & the change gears. Installing this idler gear changed the direction of the leadscrew for LH feeding. Not sure if the G0602 has the same feature but if not it can probably be added very easily.

get a good 1/2 keyless chuck for your tail stock will save much time on drilling operations
your tail is probbly a m3 taper good m3 taper keyless chuck runs 60 to 75 dollars

Back