Grizzly 4003g qctp nut

Driveslayer45

Registered
Registered
Always hating to dig out a wrench any time I wanted to adjust the angle of my tool relative to the face of my work I made a new nut and handle out of stainless steel. The nut was 2" stainless, cut down, drilled and tapped, mounted to a threaded arbor and tapered. The handle was 3/4 stainless, turned down to 3/8" with a 1/2 in 'knob" machined on it. Threaded for 3/8-16 on the lathe and the nut was drilled and tapped on the mill to accept the rod with a .100 countersink. It works well and was a fun evening project

Attachments

• 35013.jpeg
    35013.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 29
Did you need an address to send the second one to?:grin: That is very nice looking. You might consider making a matching lever for the one below it.

Thanks Leeq, I hadn't until you mentioned it. I am considering making a small one for the carriage lock so I don't have to pull out an Allen wrench.

What is not shown is I also had to make a new t nut for the qctp as I didn't have a metric tap that size. Maybe I'll add a picture later.

@Driveslayer45 great work! I'm curious about your toolpost.
MIne has a stud threaded M14x1.5 on both ends. Does yours have a different thread on the top?

So I cut a whole new tbolt as I didn't have a metric tap and I didn't want to change gears on my lathe to cut metric anyway. I went with a 5/8-16

MIne has a stud threaded M14x1.5 on both ends. Does yours have a different thread on the top?
Dave I purchased a new bxa sized qctp kit off ebay the end of last year. Although im not sure of the thread pitch the kit did in fact come with a center mounting stud that was threaded on both ends however they had different threading pitches. Of all things I think 1 side is standard pitch while the other is metric although I have Absolutely no reason why they would choose to make them like that? For that matter why even have 2 different thread pitches in the first place?

Dave I purchased a new bxa sized qctp kit off ebay the end of last year. Although im not sure of the thread pitch the kit did in fact come with a center mounting stud that was threaded on both ends however they had different threading pitches. Of all things I think 1 side is standard pitch while the other is metric although I have Absolutely no reason why they would choose to make them like that? For that matter why even have 2 different thread pitches in the first place?
Thanks @Driveslayer45 I sort of thought that's what you did.
@Latinrascalrg1 That is so bizarre. I cannot imagine how that makes any kind of manufacturing sense.

20200131_233714.jpg20200131_233050.jpgThe Bostar axa wedge I got a few years back had m14x1.5 on both ends of the stud. The Bostar bxa wedge I got a few months ago has m16x1.5 on bottom, and m16x2.0 on top.

The Bostar bxa wedge I got a few months ago has m16x1.5 on bottom, and m16x2.0 on top.

Thats the same model and size I bought so theres no doubt those are the thread pitches I have also! Thanks

Back