Grizzly G0768 Lathe DIY Powered Lead Screw & DRO

Nicely done! Do you see any unevenness in the motion due to the "looseness" of the socket adapter?
No I don't. Generally, I simply use this feature to do long cuts so I can "fire and forget", aka, go work on other things while my lathe works for me:)

Have you ever removed the Feed Screw from you G0768? I am re-building a (new) G0768 and want to get at the left side bearings for lubrication, but the lead screw is quite tight in there and I don't want to break anything. The Manual (not exactly accurate) shows a keyway in a shaft that goes into the gearbox that attaches to the coupler that has the shear pin. The only thing I can think of is to put a nut on the right side of the screw and make a makeshift puller of sorts so as to be gentle but strong. Any ideas? Thank you, your power feed is right up my alley as I save old drills with spent batteries and power them with a battery charger! A separate power feed sure sounds tempting. I said "new" because my G0768 is obviously a kit of loosely assembled parts that I am plowing through bolt by bolt in order to make it right, lots of fixes and deburring. To add to the frustration, the first one sent over a month ago by Grizzly/UPS showed up in a mostly demolished container and went back.
Sorry, I cant help you with the lead screw, but I like the idea of using a battery charger. Hmmmm, never thought of that! I was recently thinking of changing from battery to transformed Ac.

Back