Guess what chuck these jaws belong with

I don't have these in my possession. I spied them on craigslist, seller didn't know. A Hardinge pdf showed up first in a goolog search. In any event they don't seem to be for an 3" AMA chuck. What I need.
You on the Prazi board? Io:groups?

Yes. I've asked a couple times. No hits.

Someone even posted photos of an MD65 wit duh AMA 3 jaw. It made me sad.

I’m trying to get a Prazi forum going here, but so far have had no luck.

That board and trying to use it gives me head cramps.

Chime in here, maybe we can get something going.

Commonly orphaned when the lathe is sold with the chuck but the second set of jaws is somewhere else. Usually sold by a family member of the deceased owner. Not so common to get the chuck key.
I think you are right.
I am collecting waiting for the right chuck to come along for what it's worth, several are marked Cushman.
In the second picture, there are two additional jaws the larger one is out of a
7 .5 inch cushman 3 jaw.
The smaller set are from a Rohm chuck.
I would say dimensions are key here.17023227518987418366464864472399.jpg17023234831308846736865516535469.jpg

Really all you need is a thread. There are too many sections imho here as it is. The Prazi list foesn't get a ton of posts anyway.

I think you are right.
I am collecting waiting for the right chuck to come along for what it's worth, several are marked Cushman.
In the second picture, there are two additional jaws the larger one is out of a
7 .5 inch cushman 3 jaw.
The smaller set are from a Rohm chuck.
I would say dimensions are key here.View attachment 470252View attachment 470254

Huh, I thought I was the only one with a pile o orphan jaws.

Really all you need is a thread. There are too many sections imho here as it is. The Prazi list foesn't get a ton of posts anyway.

I gut you with the mulititude of forums and general layout, but this would seem the only real way to draw people away from the list and give them a space to have real discussions on these machines.

A thread for this would be an unusable mess, where one more board is just that.

Bringing them here would certainly get some to stick around for other discussion though.

Second thought, this might get these lil gems noticed more and raise the prices on them, so maybe it’s not a good idea.

Back