Harbor Freight Arbor Press Upgrades

minsk

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
hey guys heres a little video of my 1 ton harbor freight arbor press upgrades...let me know if you have any questions...these we all made on a lathe an a round column mill. Next up is making a backsplash for my jet BD1325 Lathe

Great idea on taking out some teeth to adjust handle position. I’m gonna try and remember that one.

Great idea on taking out some teeth to adjust handle position. I’m gonna try and remember that one.
thank you it was a fun project...it was jsut a culmination of other mods i had seen :p

Not necessary, an extension on the pinion gear shaft allows re-clocking the handle without raising the ram.

View attachment 423778

View attachment 423779
This is the superior method IMHO that I wish I would have known about before cutting a couple of teeth out of mine. I went back and did this on my 2tn Jet along with a handwheel on the same side as the extension. Luckily the missing teeth didn’t mess anything up.

i don't under stand how this works....why does extending the shaft help....do you have any videos of it working...

You have to extend the shaft to make it so you can move the pinion past engagement with the rack gear. Then you can move the handle where ever you want. You don't have to retract all the way like with the missing teeth on the rack. It's nice because you can reclock right where you are, no guessing like with the retract.

so you pull the hande to the right to disengage the pinion teeth?

Back