Has anyone ever heard of Langmuir

In contrast tramming my PrintNC is a matter of turning some captured SHCS that bear against backing plates. Easy peasy.
I have considered building one for 4'x4' sized plywood sheets. Would you recommend the PrintNC built that large? Do you know if anyone has tried to run klipper on them? The GRBL repo on github doesn't have much activity.

That said, it is a low cost to entry that fits in a garage with 8' doors. A tormach 1100mx with an ATC is now pushing $40k after sales tax.
the price of the tormach enclosure and the fact that they refused to correct their incorrect calculations of florida sales tax took them out for me

the price of the tormach enclosure and the fact that they refused to correct their incorrect calculations of florida sales tax took them out for
The MR-1 enclosure is less expensive but it has has some suboptimal aspects.

I have considered building one for 4'x4' sized plywood sheets. Would you recommend the PrintNC built that large? Do you know if anyone has tried to run klipper on them? The GRBL repo on github doesn't have much activity.
Yes I have seen them built to take a 4x8 sheet. Takes some different ball screw work to avoid whip but it's possible.
I would not recommend Klipper but I would look hard at the GRBLHAL work in the Discord.
(happy to continue this in my PrintNC build thread: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-next-cnc-project-a-cnc-router.92716/ )

Back