Has Anyone Modified a RF/ZX Z Axis Lead Screw Nut Mount?

Here's a screen shot of the Z axis ball nut carrier I came up with. Thanks cs900 for sharing your design. It inspired me to move forward. I still have some fine tuning to do but it's really close.

Screen Shot 08-05-19 at 07.05 AM.PNG

you are very welcome :) You may want to move the "nub" down as far as you can. the bracket, if it's like mine, will hit the column casting before anything. Moving it down gives you the most z travel possible. That's also why mine has chamfers on the bottom edges...more travel!

you are very welcome :) You may want to move the "nub" down as far as you can. the bracket, if it's like mine, will hit the column casting before anything. Moving it down gives you the most z travel possible. That's also why mine has chamfers on the bottom edges...more travel!

I'll take a look at that. I did a quick measurement before modeling it and by my calcs I will lose about 3/4" of travel. Doesn't hurt to double check.

Thank you cs900 for posting your design. This is what I came up with. I chose to go with a bolt on design rather than using the original design lug. I was concerned that over time the lug would fret and become loose. The corner notch in the left picture is wrench clearance for installing the ballnut lube fitting.
IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0903.jpg

Here is the ballnut carrier bolted to the Z axis slide. I'll head to the hardware store in the morning to get the proper length bolts.
IMG_0900.jpgIMG_0901.jpg

That sure looks to be an upgrade.
Nice work
Steve

Yesterday I got the Z axis put together. Wow! It works beautifully. With the original style ballnut carrier I had +.020 Z backlash. After this upgrade it's less than .002".

looks good TomS, and that's a heck of a lot better backlash too!

Back