Heavy 10 Taper Attachment Dimensions

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Can someone with a Heavy 10 grab some dimensions of the swivel bar (or have a build sheet specifying the dimensions) ? I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction in restoring everything this thing came with.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can someone with a Heavy 10 grab some dimensions of the swivel bar (or have a build sheet specifying the dimensions) ? I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction in restoring everything this thing came with.
I have a friend with a H10 and a taper attachment, post of picture of the part you need dimensions of and I will try to help you out.....

SLK001

Registered
Registered
The swivel bar is a fairly important piece of the TA. Do you have one that doesn't appear to fit? Here is a .PDF of the heavy 10 TA. Look at the UNIT NUMBER stamped on the top end. The bar for the H10 will be PT869R1. If you still need dimensions, tell me which ones you need.

Attachments

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Yeah, I don't have the right one (I don't even have a part number stamped into it). I'll get this all sorted out at some point. I was looking for parts 14 and 22 (the swivel bar).

south_bend_taper.png

Thanks, guys! I'll keep sorting this out.

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Thanks! I think I've found a good replacement, and it should be on it's way to me.

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
It turned out the replacement had the bed right (part 22), but does not have the right swivel bar (part 14). I'm off and looking again.

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Rough measurements for the TA on my lathe (CL8187 ZB) is 2-3/4" x 17-1/2" for part #22 and 2 3/4" x 16" for part #14. Don't want to take it apart for more accurate measurements but if I can give furtter help let me know.
Canuck75, can you get me the total height as well as the dovetail height, and the dovetail width?

Canuck75

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The dovetail on Part 14 is 1.450" wide and .480 high. Overall height of Part 14 is .885" ( base .405" plus dovetail .480"). The Using two .250" pins against the dovetail I get a measurement of 1.740".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

havrillaja

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have dimensions for part # 32 in the picture above? I am going to have to make my own. Its called the Bracket Clamp, its the threaded locking nut that clamps on the ways so the taper attachment doesn't slide.
Thanks,
John

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Mine works, but is not "original". It is basically a rectangular block with two holes in it. The first hole goes through the middle and is threaded for the lock bolt from the top of the clamp. The second hole sits on the chin and locks against the bottom of the lathe bed (I'm calling this the "front"). Both holes are threaded.

20200204_204130.jpg

20200204_204138.jpg
It's 1.75" wide x 1.9" long x 0.6" deep. The hold-down hole (that the bolt through the clamp runs through) is centered side-to-side, but is 0.9" away from the back. The adjustment screw hole along the front side is 0.3" from the front of the block. Put a bolt through it (or a threaded road and a nut to lock it in place, and you're ready to install and lock it down.

havrillaja

Registered
Registered
Mine works, but is not "original". It is basically a rectangular block with two holes in it. The first hole goes through the middle and is threaded for the lock bolt from the top of the clamp. The second hole sits on the chin and locks against the bottom of the lathe bed (I'm calling this the "front"). Both holes are threaded.

View attachment 312681

View attachment 312682
It's 1.75" wide x 1.9" long x 0.6" deep. The hold-down hole (that the bolt through the clamp runs through) is centered side-to-side, but is 0.9" away from the back. The adjustment screw hole along the front side is 0.3" from the front of the block. Put a bolt through it (or a threaded road and a nut to lock it in place, and you're ready to install and lock it down.
Thank You, I've been looking for this for a while!

silverhawk

Registered
Registered
Just an FYI, the threaded rod actually goes to the outside, not the lathe bed side. It's used to level that block to get good, even clamping pressure. Not sure why I got that backwards last night... I must have been tired.

havrillaja

Registered
Registered
Just an FYI, the threaded rod actually goes to the outside, not the lathe bed side. It's used to level that block to get good, even clamping pressure. Not sure why I got that backwards last night... I must have been tired.
Thanks for clarifying, I definitely would have tried it the other way around. This make more sense though.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock