Heavy Duty Knurling Tool

Recently there was a temporary delay in shipping Knurling Tool Kits. This has been rectified.... All kit now shop next business day!

Congratulations to Mr. G. Rosén of Sweden!​

Posted by Doug Gray on August 25, 2023

Mr. G. Rosen of Sweden has just completed his heavy Duty Knurling Tool Kit and it looks like he has done a fantastic job!
Göran did a few mods to accommodate his smaller lathe. He was kind enough to send along an email and some photos.

Hello Doug,
I finished the knurling tool yesterday and it looks and works really well.
My lathe is a small mounted Sieg SC4-510 model and the size forced me to make a few changes to your design which I list below.
However, the design works very well, but will probably be more suitable for one size larger lathes.
My changes to the knurling tool are as follows:
  1. Body plate (1), the nice looking fillets had to go because I needed that space in the toolholder.
  2. Compression spring (12) changed to one made of thinner gauge wire and a wee bit softer. It could therefore be compressed more so I could work on material with a smaller diameter.
  3. To avoid the slack between arms (2) and spring collars (7) I added a suitable O-ring on each spring collar as per picture 4.
I am now looking forward to starting work on the two Machinist Clamps.
Will try to give you a message when they are finished, but it might take some time as I am also building a twin cylinder stationary steam engine constructed by a friend of mine living in Finland.
All the best regards,
Göran
------------
G. Rosén
Sweden
ngarosen@gmail.com
Photos

PHOTO_ONE_480x480.jpg

2023-08-21 1_gray
PHOTO_TWO_480x480.jpg

2023-08-24 2_gray
PHOTO_THREE_480x480.jpg

2023-08-24 3_gray
PHOTO_FOUR_480x480.jpg

2023-08-24 4_gray

Again congratulations to Mr. Rosen and a big thanks for sharing the build!

Get your knurler kit here!

Last edited:
Back