Help! Gift For Husband

SaraD

Registered
Registered
Hi There. I was wondering if anyone has any birthday gift suggestions for my husband. Attached are a couple contraptions he has.
He was talking about A R Warner lathe cutting tools. Any suggestions where to get these or if there are sets or anything?
Thank you in advance!
image1[1].JPG image2[1].JPG

To say he wants “A R Warner lathe cutting tools”. That has too many things to pick from? Your hubby has a nice lathe and mill. How about getting him a tool post grinder for his lathe?...Good Luck, Dave.

What kind of price range do you have in mind?

Is it possible to get him a gift certificate to an online vendor that sells the items he wants?

Amazon is a great place to get gift certificates and they sell almost everything- including tooling. My daughter gets me an Amazon gift certificate for my birthday every year now.

Bob

Hi SaraD: Welcome to what i have come to realize is one of the most useful forums on the web.
If you are not adverse to Kijiji, there is a nice gentleman in your area that has some very nice equipment for sale.
The ad title is "Machinist Toolmaker Machine Shop Tools" In the Waterloo Kijiji. Lots of nice stuff.
I have only had Email contact with him, but i am hoping to meet him next week.
There is a Machinery outlet near St Jacobs if you require new items. (i would have to look up the name)
Good Luck!
LK

your husband probably doesn't want his location on here

Sara,

Your a great person, with a great idea! Not knowing how many tools your husband has makes it difficult to help you. So, my suggestions are confined to generally useful items.

A list:

1) a nice shop apron. This one is great: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...on-85021.aspx?kw=shop apron&processor=content

2) a nice swivel work stool, like http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-...p-00949860000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

3) a high end pocket scale, like: http://www.amazon.com/Starrett-C604...id=1456689005&sr=1-2&keywords=machinist+scale

I hope this helps.

I just had another thought for a gift: a personalized shop shirt or coveralls. My wife gave me coveralls with our name for my shop (the Packard Paddock) embroidered on the back and my name on the front pocket. I love those coveralls.

The best gifts are things we want, but would never buy for ourselves. Often frivolous and unnecessary, but they are things we would love to have on the spur of the moment, if we had too much money in our pockets.

That leaves a lot of room, I realize, but you know him better than we do. As stated already, without knowing what he already has in the way of tools, it is impossible to make a solid recommendation. I am quite sure my wife would not know where to even begin to look if she were to want to buy me any sort of tool. But then I have a business and have been doing this a long time. Tools I got, gizmos and goodies? Can always use more. Besides, it's the thought that really counts.

Back